metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
It's not a dealership policy per say. In Canada, they can simply get in a lot of trouble from Honda Canada for ADM'ing.

Well, you're ON, so at least here we're protected. Unsure about any other provinces, pretty sure it's the same.

The flagship dealer close to me has had my 1k since early Aug :) The onus to take money or not i assume is dealer dependent, because they not only accepted a cheque, they cashed it also. Here's hoping the GM knows what he's doing.
Thanks for the info. I was not aware of the Honda Canada policy.
Sponsored

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Well also I hope it's limited as well
That's what I'm talking about...not sure I want CTR if there's going to be 3 on my block.
I just don't think "R"s should be seen everyday...

If Honda make the 2018 CTR available to the masses, then this CTR will not be that collectible, and it's just another Civic, so nothing "special".

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
That's what I'm talking about...not sure I want CTR if there's going to be 3 on my block.
I just don't think "R"s should be seen everyday...

If Honda make the 2018 CTR available to the masses, then this CTR will not be that collectible, and it's just another Civic, so nothing "special".
At 32k or higher, you're not going to see 3 on the block even if the dealers have a fleet of CTRs. The general public will perceive it as a 32k Civic.

I hope Honda produces enough CTR to meet demand, but they most likely won't over produce and have a surplus of them sitting on the lots.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
At 32k or higher, you're not going to see 3 on the block even if the dealers have a fleet of CTRs. The general public will perceive it as a 32k Civic.

I hope Honda produces enough CTR to meet demand, but they most likely won't over produce and have a surplus of them sitting on the lots.
I go through these phases of seeing multiple STi's, then go a week or two and see none. Different machine, similar price point (?) and appeal. I hope there's enough to keep people interested in visiting the lots, but like you say, not so many that they're sitting around. I estimate it will follow the sales volume of the S2000 or perhaps a bit better since it can double as a family/grocery/Ikea hauler.

whippet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Golf R '15 Forester
Country flag
I go through these phases of seeing multiple STi's, then go a week or two and see none. Different machine, similar price point (?) and appeal. I hope there's enough to keep people interested in visiting the lots, but like you say, not so many that they're sitting around. I estimate it will follow the sales volume of the S2000 or perhaps a bit better since it can double as a family/grocery/Ikea hauler.
You think the wing is for downforce? Bungee points for my KIVIK sofa

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag

My think is a bit different...
At $32k, many kids won't be able to afford the CTR, but their dads can.
At $32k, many dads will have no problem buying a CTR for their kid(s).
That's the issue...

Imagine this...here you are on the road, and an 18 year old pulls up next to you with a CTR...
There will be many kids driving the CTR, as $32k is absolutely affordable for many dads, and many dads are into CTRs too! :)

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
That's the issue...

Imagine this...here you are on the road, and an 18 year old pulls up next to you with a CTR...
There will be many kids driving the CTR, as $32k is absolutely affordable for many dads, and many dads are into CTRs too! :)
You'll get that kind of buyer no matter what though.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's the issue...

whippet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Golf R '15 Forester
Country flag
I've also heard that number being thrown around by sales staff; (2) per, at least to begin with.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
True and true.
At this price point, 'dads' may also have to consider the Mercedes and BMW offerings in the 30-35 range - if they're buying new. Because lets face it, who doesn't want to roll to high school in a BMW? I know I would have wanted to!

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
True, but if the CTR is limited to low production number, price will be high and it should sieve out the 18 year old's;
thus a lot less CTRs on the roads (maybe more SI's).

But then again, why would Honda spend this much $$$ to just sell a few cars; they probably want to sell tens of thousands of CTRs.

Nothing against 18 year olds...just trying to figure out how many CTR will be on US roads.
Something inside me just seem to think 50% of all CTR owners will be between the ages of 18 and 21.

whippet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Golf R '15 Forester
Country flag
True, but if the CTR is limited to low production number, price will be high and it should sieve out the 18 year old's;

But then again, why would Honda spend this much $$$ to just sell a few cars; they probably want to sell tens of thousands of CTRs.

Nothing against 18 year olds...just trying to figure out how many CTR will be on US roads.
Something inside me just seem to think 50% of all CTR owners will be between the ages of 18 and 21.
Your concern makes sense once I saw your location :) However, I do not believe the demographic will be that disproportionate. Some yes 50%? hell no

Using the STI as a basis for the argument, even tho there is no real limitation as far as production goes (not that I am aware) - you really do not see these on every block (Toronto - GTA) I haven't been in Richmond Hill lately however :) :) :)

thaseint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI SE
Country flag
What would really suck about having such a rare Honda is then you run into the whole ITR situation. If the rumors are true about the Si having a 1.5T then the CTR will be an instant theft magnet with the K20C1.

That'd be a straight up nightmare having to drive that car anywhere...no way would I be able to enjoy driving the car at that point.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag

I think you're blowing the 18 year old buyers out of proportion. Median age for a WRX or STI is 33 according to this Subaru presentation in 2014.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 / 2018 Type R Civic U.S. Price v82JCNJ