2016 vs 2017 Honda Civic EX

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
I'd take sensing over turbo so you made a wise choice imo
I disagree. Originally, I wanted Sensing so, so badly (I obsess about self driving stuff), but the "with sensing" options were hard to find and deals were poor. I leased and the EX-T is a FAR better deal there with lower depreciation. Even at the same price for an EX w/ Sensing, that EX would've cost me $70 more per month for a lease because it had more deprecation and cheaper purchase price.

I love my EX-T. The Turbo is awesome, seat heaters are nice and wheels are quite pretty.
Sponsored

unr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L15B7
Country flag
I also like the wheels on the turbo

I've been using NA civic engines ever since I started to drive so the turbo is just a cherry on top and not a necessity for me.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Just make sure you're getting the equivalent of the best 2016 discounts on your 2017's. Some folks (but obviously not all) are, according to TrueCar. $2500 off a Touring's MSRP makes it very attractive. Much depends on your negotiating strategy and how much time you're willing to put into shopping (time between first dealer contact and signing).
I mean, if you can get an equivalent discount then great, but I don't understand the logic of how one is supposed to get the same $3000 off MSRP on a 2017 now in November compared to a 2016...

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mean, if you can get an equivalent discount then great, but I don't understand the logic of how one is supposed to get the same $3000 off MSRP on a 2017 now in November compared to a 2016...
Yeah, agreed. For instance, our nearby Fixed Price Dealer (always good for comparisons) has the 2017 Civics at a whopping $4 off MSRP. Why? They still have a ton of 2016s they want to clear out since the 2017s were released not that long ago. On the other hand, they already have the 2017 Accord LX at $4,000 off MSRP which is an impressive discount for still being nearly 2 months from 2017 and the base model too.

Give it a month or two and the 2017s will have good discounts. Right now they are catering their price to those that have been waiting and waiting and waiting for the not-first-year-of-a-new-model to come out and are willing to pay instead of waiting any longer.

sidhu2909

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
Okay, but did you honestly think it was reasonable to scrutinize something like the shark fin that heavily based on the pictures alone due to your ignorance?

In fact, you're lucky that the configurator for Honda USA and some sites like Ford are very good when it comes to visual differentiation between trims and accessories. Try the Honda Canada site, you can tack on a bunch of accessories and nothing will show up on the pictures.
I don't see what your issue is. May be you should pay more attention to words like "think" and "based on pictures online".

And yes, I expected the pictures to be updated even for these minor details because I looked them up for the fog lights housing for EX with sensing and no such housing for EX without sensing, which is a minor detail and yet accurate in the pictures online. I thought it's pretty fair to assume that the configurator has them correctly this year too. I also advised to look at the wheels as an additional check. Well, I might be wrong based on your words, but hey you haven't presented any source to back up what you said.

In any case, you seem to be the guy who spends more time whining about petty issues. Good luck with that attitude.

gwaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac vibe
I was originally looking at the LX and felt that the jump to the EX was well worthy. I didn't want to keep jumping up to the next trim levels. Lol
I to started with the LX .Originally I just wanted a Fit. Wife vetoed that at car dealers right off! After reading I found out the EX level comes with folding down rear seats. So this is like a compromise in not having a hatchback. (I can haul 2×4s in trunk). Yes, anything over the EX is better but you get a significant amount of upgrades going from LX to EX. After all , you must also consider your affordable monthly payment and your budget , with every trim level.

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I to started with the LX .Originally I just wanted a Fit. Wife vetoed that at car dealers right off! After reading I found out the EX level comes with folding down rear seats. So this is like a compromise in not having a hatchback. (I can haul 2×4s in trunk). Yes, anything over the EX is better but you get a significant amount of upgrades going from LX to EX. After all , you must also consider your affordable monthly payment and your budget , with every trim level.
Yeah, going from LX to EX gives you HUGE number of benefits. If you value those "complexities" (some people would rather have it simple), it is well, well, worth it. Even neat functions like walk-away-locking w/ push button start is such a very nice luxury. I'd never go to LX for me. If I HAD to go down from EX-T to EX, I'd likely be okay with that, but going down to LX would almost make it not worth getting.

gwaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac vibe
:rant:
Yeah, going from LX to EX gives you HUGE number of benefits. If you value those "complexities" (some people would rather have it simple), it is well, well, worth it. Even neat functions like walk-away-locking w/ push button start is such a very nice luxury. I'd never go to LX for me. If I HAD to go down from EX-T to EX, I'd likely be okay with that, but going down to LX would almost make it not worth getting.
Not too sold on the knob- less infotainment system on the EX .That's something I can get used to though. Keyless ignition from EX up I also worry about? Aren't you worried it won't start someday ? Keys less of a problem but maybe I'm just being paranoid....haha.:dunno:
Sponsored