Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Civic EX
Country flag
So what form will we (US) get the Type-R in? The 10th gen Civic is gonna be hatchback, coupe, or sedan and I know the Type-R currently exists in hatchback form but might we get it as something else?

I know it's iconic as a hatch but I'd love to have a coupe model personally.
Sponsored

RSXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 RSX
I think we'll at least see a 4 door sedan if not a coupe. I just hope they don't give the US the sedan and save the hatch for everywhere else. Americans and their crazy love for sedans over more functional and better looking hatchbacks...never understand it.

s2ker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000
I think we'll at least see a 4 door sedan if not a coupe. I just hope they don't give the US the sedan and save the hatch for everywhere else. Americans and their crazy love for sedans over more functional and better looking hatchbacks...never understand it.
No way US gets a sedan or coupe Type R and not a hatchback. I think we'll get a Type R hatchback like the rest of the world and that's it. Would be surprised if Honda decided to make a Type R coupe or Type R sedan.

s2ker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000
From what I've read, we'll get a coupe, sedan and hatchback.

The Si will come in sedan and coupe, and Type R will be hatchback only.

iamjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
From what I've read, we'll get a coupe, sedan and hatchback.

The Si will come in sedan and coupe, and Type R will be hatchback only.
They really need to offer a Type R coupe too. Has it been confirmed we definitely won't see one? I know they dont currently build it but hey new markets call for different strategies.

NIN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas 4 life
They really need to offer a Type R coupe too. Has it been confirmed we definitely won't see one? I know they dont currently build it but hey new markets call for different strategies.
Nothing is confirmed at the moment other than we will get a Type R sometime in the next few years. I definitely hope they are still considering a Type R coupe but I would bet it's just the hatch. There's probably not enough volume to build multiple Type R bodies.

Moichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fit & CR-V
Country flag
I'd really be surprised if they made a Type R coupe. Would love to see it personally but the Type R has always been a hatch. Why would they start making other variants now?

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
I'd really be surprised if they made a Type R coupe. Would love to see it personally but the Type R has always been a hatch. Why would they start making other variants now?
Agreed. I'd be more hopefull if they moved production of the Type R to the USA but the fact that it will be imported in small numbers virtually guarantees it will be a hatch.

Uncle Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Would many ppl actually want it in anything other than the 5 door hatch? That's what the Type-R has become synonymous with. A Type-R Coupe or Sedan wouldn't even seem like the real thing to me.

CaptK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV Crosstek
Would many ppl actually want it in anything other than the 5 door hatch? That's what the Type-R has become synonymous with. A Type-R Coupe or Sedan wouldn't even seem like the real thing to me.
The hatch is so much more functional too but it does add some weight. Depends on what you are using it for.

Viva la vida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
The hatch is so much more functional too but it does add some weight. Depends on what you are using it for.
The way I see it the 5 door hatch is the best of both worlds. It's got a sporty shape like the coupe but also has the sedan's functionality with 4 regular doors, plus a bonus hatchback. That's the one I'll be choosing when it finally comes to US

martyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boring Accord family hauler
The way I see it the 5 door hatch is the best of both worlds. It's got a sporty shape like the coupe but also has the sedan's functionality with 4 regular doors, plus a bonus hatchback. That's the one I'll be choosing when it finally comes to US
That's why I don't understand why they're not so popular here compared to coupes. The Europeans and Asians get it :)

We end up getting shafted and don't get all the hot hatches. That's changing with the Type R and Focus RS finally coming but it took a LONG time.
Sponsored