2016 Touring vs. 2015 Civic Si

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
Not yet. When I test drove the 15 si, I was underwhelmed. Really low torque. To top it off, they lowballed me on my trade that has 30k less km and is a year newer and in way better condition.
Driven the 10th gen Si yet?
Sponsored

Stock_07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
I did the same (traded the Civic after just 6 months), just that I went for a 2017 VW Golf GTI Sport which had a 5000$ discount as the facelift is around the corner. Never ever will I buy a CVT car and I cannot imagine why I did bought this one.

I wanted to test drive the Civic-Si before, but the dealer said that he doesn't wants to put miles on their cars and I could only test drive one if I am really into buying and and wanted me to sign something there.

The 2018 VWs here in US are sold with 6years/72.000miles bumper to bumper warranty so reliability concerns should not be an issue as it's going to get fixed (and most of the stuff on the GTI is kinda fixed as the model has been around since 2013-2014). It's interesting that after 5y you could sell the car and still have 1y manufacture warranty.
GTIs are super nicer and much quicker then the Si. Only problem in Canada if you want a 5 door which for me would be a must, they are 37k plus tax (inc freight)

Stock_07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Driven the 10th gen Si yet?
I found the 17 Si to be underwhelming . I do like the way my friends sport puts the power down better. It feels like it has power through the most of the rev range. I found the Si to be good only from 2800rpm to like 5600rpm. I know the Si has most power on paper but doesn't feel like it. I really enjoyed the 9th gen Si when I had it and never felt like the car was boring.

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
I found the 17 Si to be underwhelming . I do like the way my friends sport puts the power down better. It feels like it has power through the most of the rev range. I found the Si to be good only from 2800rpm to like 5600rpm. I know the Si has most power on paper but doesn't feel like it. I really enjoyed the 9th gen Si when I had it and never felt like the car was boring.
I hear you. I love how this car pulls up to about 6k rpm, after that... sadness. I've driven the 9th gen Si a few times. I thought the engine felt weak, but fun when spun out. Strange? This engine definitely feels much more powerful especially in the mid-range.