2016 Touring is Too Powerful, I'm Not Getting My High MPG

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
The FRS and Civic sedan are nowhere near competitors tho.
Try 330 at the crank on a FWD 2.3. I feel your pain... hard to keep the foot off the gas. :cool:

But holy batman the torque steer is insane the higher you go. 250 is about the practical limit on any 3,000 lb FWD car.
That's why I'm curious how well they were able to dial out torque steer in the current new Type R with 306 HP. According to its specs, it uses a special dual axis strut front suspension to help mitigate torque steer.

Tell me about it..my old 2000 Civic had 364 hp and although it was a blast to drive around, traction and torque steer were my worse enemies.
364 nice... what'd it have under the hood?
Sponsored

2slo4u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, FRS
Vehicle Showcase
The FRS and Civic sedan are nowhere near competitors tho.

That's why I'm curious how well they were able to dial out torque steer in the current new Type R with 306 HP. According to its specs, it uses a special dual axis strut front suspension to help mitigate torque steer.

364 nice... what'd it have under the hood?
just a built b16 turbo :)

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Touring is Too Powerful, I'm Not Getting My High MPG IMG_0602

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic Si HFP, 2017 Golf R
This car has too much power, I can't hardly keep my foot out of it.

If you really think about it, Honda has practically worked magic. 174 hp from 1.5 litres, it's crazy. It's like having the power of a much larger engine without the bulk. With the torque converter they also solved the power issue at the start of acceleration.
Nice to see people happy with the power of the Turbo engine. But please do not be so amazed... There have been turbo engines making far over that specific output per liter since the 90s. lol.

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
I'm getting 35.1 in my touring model with 1800 miles on it so far

2slo4u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, FRS
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure many of us are going to get on the less side of mpg since we'll be pedal happy zooming around. But as we get settled into the car and the excitement dies off, we'll start to drive normal and our mpg will go up a bit too.

amalgamate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I'm at about 36MPG on this most recent tank and I'll need to fill up soon. I've driven probably 200 miles freeway and 120 miles commuting on this tank. The 120 miles includes quite a bit of stop and go (plus Black Friday shopping which had a lot of stops).

I'm going to try keeping the 'econ' on for the next tank to see where that gets me. I've been driving with the econ on quite a bit but I do turn it off when I know I'll need the extra power in traffic or to get around someone.

Overall I'm fairly pleased with the mileage. I think in order to get the mileage that Honda reports (especially in the City), you've got to keep the ECON mode turned on. It's really easy to get 25-30 MPG around town with ECON mode turned off.
Sponsored