Munga474

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hello all! My civic when you start it idles rough and when accelerating starts kicking and jerking. When you accelerate past 3.5-4K RPM the car starts flashing the engine light and all acceleration gets cut off and will only go 2-3 MPH causing me to pull over on the road/highway and shut off my car to reset it again until It shuts off again. The problem first started last year and the dealership couldn’t find any codes, I replaced the spark plugs and the problem went away after about 2 weeks until last week when it started up again. Codes never show up or any problems and dealership still cannot find the problem. I saw a similar post @ https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...way-speed-nearly-resulting-in-collision.3184/ and nobody ever gave the answer
It’s starting to be a daily problem and puts me in very dangerous situations (especially on 3+ lane highways). I also saw someone say the problem was from the fuel pump and relay having the sensor off and choking the engine of gas but not sure if that’s the problem. Please reply if you know what’s happening, it’s very scary to drive my car anymore. Thank you!!!
Sponsored

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Hello all! My civic when you start it idles rough and when accelerating starts kicking and jerking. When you accelerate past 3.5-4K RPM the car starts flashing the engine light and all acceleration gets cut off and will only go 2-3 MPH causing me to pull over on the road/highway and shut off my car to reset it again until It shuts off again. The problem first started last year and the dealership couldn’t find any codes, I replaced the spark plugs and the problem went away after about 2 weeks until last week when it started up again. Codes never show up or any problems and dealership still cannot find the problem. I saw a similar post @ https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...way-speed-nearly-resulting-in-collision.3184/ and nobody ever gave the answer
It’s starting to be a daily problem and puts me in very dangerous situations (especially on 3+ lane highways). I also saw someone say the problem was from the fuel pump and relay having the sensor off and choking the engine of gas but not sure if that’s the problem. Please reply if you know what’s happening, it’s very scary to drive my car anymore. Thank you!!!
You need to get a mechanic or service manager to do a ride along with you. I am guessing your warranty is up. But I strongly advise having some one who knows cars to take a ride along. Could be something as simple as a sensor, maybe the air filter is clogged so the turbo is not getting air. But its not something some one could talk you out of. It needs a service.

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
Codes never show up or any problems and dealership still cannot find the problem.
If the CEL is flashing you have stored DTC. Take it back to the dealer, tell them to check the "on-boad snapshot data". When you check codes with the Honda HDS scantool there are 2 screens, DTC and On-board snapshot. Most techs just check DTC, find nothing and blow it out because the failure didn't duplicate and cleared itself. The on-board snapshot data, the ecu will store failure data in this screen. Have them check again. It's often overlooked.

Rodent damage is pretty much an all the time failure, they chew through the wires completely. They seem to like the input/output shaft speed sensor wiring on the trans or the electric steering rack sensor wiring on the rack causing the powersteering to go out.

Fuel pump failures have been causing no start conditions mostly, you will have a P0087 low fuel rail pressure code as well if this is an issue.
Sponsored