2016 Touring 15" For Winter Tires?

blackbirdbeatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic
I need some winter tires here in Western Canada but I also don't care how my winter tires look as long as they perform well and fit safe. 2016 Touring Sedan. If I get 15" wheels will it clear the calipers? I'm going to get 6 or 6.5" rim widths and the usual 5x114.3 and 64.1 bore. Trying for +40 or +45 offset but what range can I get away with here?

For the tires I was hoping to get down to 195/65r15. It saves a bundles and I heard it might be better in the bad conditions than a wide plow-like tire. The difference is less than 2% on stock so I'm happy with that. I'll just be less apt to get a ticket is all. Is this all kosher? I was going to go with half decent tires like Blizzak or Xi3's. I can get basic steelies for cheap.

Thanks and enjoy your turkey everyone.
Sponsored

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I need some winter tires here in Western Canada but I also don't care how my winter tires look as long as they perform well and fit safe. 2016 Touring Sedan. If I get 15" wheels will it clear the calipers? I'm going to get 6 or 6.5" rim widths and the usual 5x114.3 and 64.1 bore. Trying for +40 or +45 offset but what range can I get away with here?

For the tires I was hoping to get down to 195/65r15. It saves a bundles and I heard it might be better in the bad conditions than a wide plow-like tire. The difference is less than 2% on stock so I'm happy with that. I'll just be less apt to get a ticket is all. Is this all kosher? I was going to go with half decent tires like Blizzak or Xi3's. I can get basic steelies for cheap.

Thanks and enjoy your turkey everyone.
That's too small imo

OP
OP

blackbirdbeatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic
I called up the dealership and they looked into it and told me that 205/65R15 would be fine.
Sponsored