2016 roof rack?

BLKonBLK'16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16blkCIV '69nomad,'90toy4x4
Country flag
i don't see any out yet. i have an old thule and am hoping a new fit kit might do the trick. any idea on the length of time it might take? never had a car this new before. ( so new cant get anything for it yet new)
Sponsored

OP
OP

BLKonBLK'16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
my old rack is a thule 400xt no longer made. i was able to mount it to the front using my 2006 corolla fit kit. and i think i can mod the rears so i can use them. the load bars i'm using are the corolla size and are short, but i think it looks better that way.

OP
OP

BLKonBLK'16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
first pic the front with thule 400xt feet and the 2006 corolla fit kit.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 roof rack? frontrack_zps49iy94lh

pic 2 front with rear foot showing that the clamp thing need to be longer
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 roof rack? frontrearrack_zpst5mlw1pk

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 roof rack? footrack_zpsmumdglro

pic 3 showing profile of the foot pad on the civic roof. from a 2006 corolla fit kit.

for the cost of these racks (400+) i was hoping just to get a proper fit kit. this thule model is too old for that. i may just be able to lengthen the clamp.
but these racks are noisy and i hear that the newer areo bar makes far less noise. in the end i'll probably spring for a new one when avail. mabe i'll be able to use
the locks?

Bervzci1

EX-T Civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
first pic the front with thule 400xt feet and the 2006 corolla fit kit.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 roof rack? frontrack_zps49iy94lh

pic 2 front with rear foot showing that the clamp thing need to be longer
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 roof rack? frontrearrack_zpst5mlw1pk

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 roof rack? footrack_zpsmumdglro

pic 3 showing profile of the foot pad on the civic roof. from a 2006 corolla fit kit.

for the cost of these racks (400+) i was hoping just to get a proper fit kit. this thule model is too old for that. i may just be able to lengthen the clamp.
but these racks are noisy and i hear that the newer areo bar makes far less noise. in the end i'll probably spring for a new one when avail. mabe i'll be able to use
the locks?
In am still waiting on a roof rack to come out for the 2016 civic.

OP
OP

BLKonBLK'16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
UP DATE: for those too cheap like me and want to reuse the old thule roof rack they have. i am using the front fit kit for a 2006 corolla, and the rear is from a 2006? chevy impala. i had the corolla kit and looking on ebay i was able to determing that this impala kit would do the trick. while it fits nicely and is nice and tight it remains to be seen weather i actually use it to carry something vs. 200 for new feet and a fit kit.

willymtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I have Yakima Q Towers on a Honda Accord 2008. Planning to install on Honda Civic 2016 once I take it home. However Yakima has not published the Q Clips that will fit the new Civic.

willymtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Just received email from Yakima support.

"Hi, and thank you for contacting Yakima, Whispbar and ProRack U.S. Customer Support.

We are right on the verge of publishing the new 2016 fits, but they are tad delayed because we are in the process of getting our new products on the site. We will hopefully have the fit data in the next couple of weeks. "

Tearhammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 6 speed LX Civic Blue, 2013 Chevy Sonic LT hatch
I have a Yakima rack from my gd3 that I'm hoping I can reuse I just need the new clips and hopefully the 48" bars will be the same

willymtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I have a Yakima rack from my gd3 that I'm hoping I can reuse I just need the new clips and hopefully the 48" bars will be the same
Yakima still has not released the fit for the 2016 Civic. I just received this email from Yakima. I´ll keep you posted.

"Guillermo,

Thanks for the follow-up. The 2016 fits are flooding in, but we are still waiting on the Civic! As for the expected release date, we are hoping for the end of the month.

Any and all future updates will occur here:
http://fitlookup.yakima.com/

Cheers!

-Chas E
Yakima Support"

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A Yakima rack with Yakima faring on the front will look so at home on our Civics <3

Tearhammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 6 speed LX Civic Blue, 2013 Chevy Sonic LT hatch
Maybe I'll rest it on top and take a photo

justinsmag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, Mazda3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
UP DATE: for those too cheap like me and want to reuse the old thule roof rack they have. i am using the front fit kit for a 2006 corolla, and the rear is from a 2006? chevy impala. i had the corolla kit and looking on ebay i was able to determing that this impala kit would do the trick. while it fits nicely and is nice and tight it remains to be seen weather i actually use it to carry something vs. 200 for new feet and a fit kit.
I have same foot pack as yours, 400xt. What is the part number for the impala fit kit for the rear? Thanks.