2016 rear brakes worn out

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
I turned the caliper face clockwise. It just doesn’t go in enough. Maybe if I do something with the actuator that will solve the problem.
I never use a torque wrench for brake jobs, so I don't know the torque on those bolts.
Don't forget, to get the piston inside the caliper, you have to push hard while turning clockwise.
Sponsored

Eric29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
The OBD connector on the civic isn’t working. So my bidirectional tool which would have backed the parking brake off didn’t work. I’ve tried other scanners and they don’t work either; so I know it’s the connector. It just doesn’t connect. So I took the two hex head screws out of the actuator and used an E 11 torx socket to back the brake off by hand. When I was putting the actuator back on, I had to adjust the torx spline a little bit so it fit. I did that by just turning it slightly. I also used a tool to screw the caliper piston in clockwise to back the brake off. That of course is separate from the actuator and the parking brake. The caliper piston won’t back off enough unless you remove the actuator and turn the spline that’s sticking out

ac143

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX sedan (manual)
Country flag
hey guys, bringing this back up, I had originally called Honda and got case # 801745, received on March 5th discussed with 3 different dealers who all advised me to escalate this issue with Honda Canada as things are not very clear as to why my warning lights are not coming on as well as the maintenance minder is showing item #9 on but the mileage is still counting down to the next time it is due. Something fishy.
Few conversations back and forth with reps on the phone, putting all blame on me, I asked to have it escalated, received a phone call by a women who has no clue what she is talking about, things get heated as she is not listening at all and clearly reading off a script with the same rebuttal. I ask her to escalate this matter further as the answer provided is not suitable
March 30th received case # 830953 I send a email out to Honda asking to have all communication be done via email moving forward to have everything in clear black and white, no response, I send another email out on April 23 received case # 862096, received a phone call from a lady named Kim who was very pleasant advised me she is now taking care of my case and she would get back to me by the end of the week and she was going to send me her email address so we can communicate, never received a email or any other communication from her. May 4th I send another email to Honda and received case # 878993, no response, May 17 I called Honda customer service and talked to a rep who was able to provide me with Kim's extension number and provides me with a new case # 890718 I leave Kim a voicemail, no response, on May 23 after several attempts of calling Kim and actually getting a hold of her I got transferred to reception who provided me with Chris Adams information who is Kim's boss, leave him a voicemail. Now on May 29th no calls or emails from either of them.

Dealers are the ones asking me to escalate the matter as they are unable to get support from Honda Canada, they feel there is a issue with my maintenance minder system.

This is a super frustrating situation and I would like to have it resolved.

Note - reason why I posted all info here is hoping a customer service rep from Honda will see and get there shit together for a change. and also it is extra storage for me and makes people aware that there is issues!
Did the maintenance minder really not mention something like "019" under maintenance due popup? It wouldn't tell you "brake service" it would tell you "9" in Canada. Maintenance Minder will show whatever is due at the next service, so if you reset the "0- Oil and filter" and nothing else, whatever outstanding maintenance will remain there, it would basically just tell you to do it next service, not ASAP.

jeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LX Hatch 6MT, 15 Forester Limited w/tech
Country flag
Hey all, just noticed my back brakes making slight grinding noises. 2018 Civic Hatch, at 23,000km, bought new in November 2017. I gave my brakes a quick look, and they looked EFFED. So I called my dealer and they advised there is a TSB for my car that the rears prematurely rust and pit. I just had a brake service done earlier this year so I doubt my pistons are seized.

I have an appointment tomorrow for a diagnosis, everything should be covered under warranty due to a TSB for this issue.

Driver side rear:
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 rear brakes worn out 4qvlI56

Passenger side rear:
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 rear brakes worn out QWpVJVQ

Compared to my fronts:
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 rear brakes worn out PWRrVzL

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 rear brakes worn out 8lcmSqL

demoPEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan, 2014 Ninja 300 SE
Country flag
Can someone who has access please post the TSB for the rear brakes for the Civics (2016-2019). I believe it was published Aug 30th 2019.

jeffNB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 TL, 12 Civic, 16 Civic EX
Country flag
Attached is TSB HSB-D-1-19.

Just changed my rear brakes on my 2016 Civic with 40,000 KM. All maintenance was performed as per the maintenance monitor.

Attachments

Sec126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Funny that the TSB came out when my car was nearly three years old. Long after I had my issue and after I was over the 60k warranty limit

demoPEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan, 2014 Ninja 300 SE
Country flag

Just changed my rear brakes on my 2016 Civic with 40,000 KM. All maintenance was performed as per the maintenance monitor.
That's the one. Thank you very much.

myriad46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
I knew I should have looked here first. Same exact thing. One side in the rear is heavily corroded and pittted and the other 3 look fine. 2016 EX, 46K miles. Time to make an appointment.

myriad46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Just realized the TSB is for Honda Canada. Any chance someone has the TSB for the US, or know if there even is one?

myriad46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
So, I called the dealer to inquire about a TSB before I went in. I didn't want him to charge me for a 'diagnostic fee' just to tell me the rear rotor is screwed. I told him that I was aware that brake pads/rotors are not typically covered under a warranty, but that there was likely a bulletin about it, and that it was being covered elsewhere. He stated that that may be true, but only under the factory bumper-to-bumper (3 yr/36K)and not the extended Honda Warranty. That sounds a little screwy to me.

zaidred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 EX-T
Country flag

where can these tsb documents be found? I tried searching online but there is no comprehensive list. It'd be nice to know what other tsb's are out there for a particular MY
Sponsored