2016 owners : Do you have any noticeable wear and tear ?

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have a 2016 with 62k miles and I'm an uber driver in NYC. I literally drive every day in every weather condition. And so far..

i had a transmission oil pan leak (fixed by dealer; said it came undone from too much nyc potholes)

Replaced both CV Joints under warranty. (I think i messed up my CV joints from doing a strong reverse 180 in the car. The cars sensors flipped out before rebooting, but then a week later I noticed a clicking sound when turning.... Update: after a year of the new joints I can hear the left one starting to give a little. I didn't do any 180's this time lol )

Replaced a strut (again from nyc potholes)

Rodent damage chewed wire (I fixed it myself easily)

Replaced windsheild wipers (stock wipers suck!)

The interior chrome trim paint around the air vents and around the shift knob; its starting to rub off and show the gray plastic underneath. (To be honest; I think the gray plastic looks cooler)

The Eco button feels a little harder to press. I think crumbs got in and underneath the button.

The leather looking soft plastic next to the driver side window is starting to peel a bit. I think its from resting my hand there while the windows are down. I stopped the peeling from spreading by just using leather conditioner.

And just scratches and very small dents here and there... the car still looks super crisp after a car wash. And people are surprised its a 2016.

Ima just keep driving this car till the wheels fall off.. so i guess ill keep updating this list lol
Which wipers did you upgrade to?
Sponsored

trhush

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Coupe Touring 2016
Country flag
2016 Coupe Touring here, 35K Miles, no major engine/transmission issues. already replace trans fluid and engine motor as regular basis.

Additional to normal wear parts (joints, rods).

1- There are a lot of chirps in the hood, the paint job is really thin. I going to try to repair it with touch up paint.

2- And the back lights start to crystallize and cracking (the sun is really destructive in my country) ,i think that i need to replace it soon. the windoes tint help me to protect the interior from sun, so interiors looks is and smell like new.

The rest of the car is perfect and for be a 5 years car, still attractive to the people,

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 owners : Do you have any noticeable wear and tear ? IMG_3408.JPG

mmccorm4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
2016 White EX with around 65,000 miles...

I have had no issues with this car up until this year. Things started failing on me. The body control module (which controls most electronics onboard) was defective. The windows were inoperable, the car wouldn’t start sometimes, the infotainment system would have glitches that I have never seen before, and I wouldn’t be able to unlock the car with the key fob. This was during the beginning of the work from home order so I shopped around trying to get service done. That did wonders to my car just letting it sit for about a month. Everything seems to be doing fine except for the AC. The AC works, but the driver side pumps out hot air. Not good on those hot summer days.

These have been the only problems I have experienced on the car other than the occasional oil change. It’s been a fantastic car. I’m looking for something more engaging and fun for the next one though. I’m hoping for a Si hatch!!

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 owners : Do you have any noticeable wear and tear ? 58ACFD2D-88A4-46C5-A21A-F525D06A365A

DeadlyFreedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
2016 EX-L owner here. Just crossed over 30k miles and most everything is good with these few exceptions:

1. Infotainment unit has the issue of the Home button engaging randomly and beeps like it is being pressed repeatedly.

2. Had the car buffed and waxed recently and I guess the paint being so thin, it now has cracks and chips down to the metal. Never seen anything like this in any car I have owned. Have to get the whole hood and front bumper repainted.

3. Typical sun degradation of the rubber strips along the roof and the chrome accents along the doors.

Other than that, the car has held up very well. Will keep it for another few years and trade it to get away from the CVT.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
2. Had the car buffed and waxed recently and I guess the paint being so thin, it now has cracks and chips down to the metal. Never seen anything like this in any car I have owned. Have to get the whole hood and front bumper repainted.
That's terrible! You buffed yourself or hired a professional detailer? I'm scheduled to have my once-a-year full detail done this week, and they will be performing a "light machine polish", which I'm somewhat worried the thin paint will not react well to.

carlos969

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Now that the 2016 model year cars have been on the road for almost half a decade, we can see if there are any deficiencies in the platform.
So from the long term owners, have you noticed....

1. Any rust or corrosion appearing? Bubbling under panels or wheel arches? (Aimed at Canadians + rust belt Americans)
2. Interior buttons loosening up, or excessive wear on certain touch surfaces?
3. General comments and concerns (creaks, rattles,etc)
4. Powertrain feeling tired or worn?
I am in Canada and have a 2016 Touring, oh man where do I start with this lemon.
The car has been in and out of the dealership over 15 times for the same crap, they can't figure out and don't get support from Honda Canada.
1- Left rear window has wind noise, knowone can figure it out, they have had the door stripped down to figure it out. Dealership said the only thing they can do is replace the door, and thats nothing Honda will entertain.

2- Infotainment. LOL this thing is a joke, has been replaced 5 times now. Constant beeping, go to turn right, the camera comes on and bam, there goes the beeping and the screen goes nuts.

3. Charging pad is joke, this thing has conked out now, and won't charge my phone anymore. Charges up to 80% on the phone and the light goes green on the pad. LOL. What a joke that piece of trash is. And Honda wants $1000 to replace it. I lost my mind on them.

4. Have rust forming on the interior of the fuel lid at the bottom. Ice sits there all winter long and water just penetrates that part all winter long.

5. When fueling at some gas stations, when the tank is full gas will come back up spilling out of the top. Once a again, Honda doesn't know what to do. All they say is ease up on the trigger while fillling. R u kidding??

I am sure there is more, but I can't be bothered.

Dyim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SE
Country flag
2016 ex 124k kilometers
2 front wheel bearings
Rear brakes
Rear shocks
Small paint chip on hood
Rear calipers are the only thing with the most rust
Live in canada and they use salt all winter, but I do wash it often
The audio unit especially in winter sometimes beeps like crazy and has phantom touches.

The only other annoying thing is in hot weather the roof of the car makes a cracking noise from the metal contraction and expansion
Worn wheel bearings? Or defective ones under warranty?

I had 227k km in my last odyssey (I know it is not civic) and didn’t have that issue.
I am in Canada and have a 2016 Touring, oh man where do I start with this lemon.
The car has been in and out of the dealership over 15 times for the same crap, they can't figure out and don't get support from Honda Canada.
1- Left rear window has wind noise, knowone can figure it out, they have had the door stripped down to figure it out. Dealership said the only thing they can do is replace the door, and thats nothing Honda will entertain.

2- Infotainment. LOL this thing is a joke, has been replaced 5 times now. Constant beeping, go to turn right, the camera comes on and bam, there goes the beeping and the screen goes nuts.

3. Charging pad is joke, this thing has conked out now, and won't charge my phone anymore. Charges up to 80% on the phone and the light goes green on the pad. LOL. What a joke that piece of trash is. And Honda wants $1000 to replace it. I lost my mind on them.

4. Have rust forming on the interior of the fuel lid at the bottom. Ice sits there all winter long and water just penetrates that part all winter long.

5. When fueling at some gas stations, when the tank is full gas will come back up spilling out of the top. Once a again, Honda doesn't know what to do. All they say is ease up on the trigger while fillling. R u kidding??

I am sure there is more, but I can't be bothered.
Did you buy the car new? History of flood damage?

carlos969

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag

I had 227k km in my last odyssey (I know it is not civic) and didn’t have that issue.

Did you buy the car new? History of flood damage?
Brand new, bought it before it came out in May 2015, had to wait a few months for it. What type of flood damage are you referring too?? But me personally, this is my last Civic.

M16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
Country flag

About 75,000 km the wheel bearing went out. Had it replaced, and then replacement was noisy day one. Either it was defective, or they broke it during install. The bearing separated. Also to note when I picked it up the dealer didnt tighten my lug nuts and my wheels almost fell off on the highway. Only reason I did it at the dealer was it was under comprehensive warranty. Never again, I'd rather pay for the part and do it myself.

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have a 2017 Hatchback LX that was made in December of 2016, bought in May of 2017, with 35k miles and it still runs great. I've done all the maintenance on it myself so far. The only thing it doesn't have going for it in the interior needs a nice cleaning to get into the tight books where crumbs like to hide and also there's small dings on the exterior but other than that my car is gravy. I live in South Florida so I don't have any rust problems.

Dyim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SE
Country flag
Brand new, bought it before it came out in May 2015, had to wait a few months for it. What type of flood damage are you referring too?? But me personally, this is my last Civic.
Hmmmm, that’s not good.

Maybe first year new model pain?

I was just thinking maybe you bought it used and there was history of water damage that can cause all kinds of electrical issues.

Dyim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SE
Country flag
About 75,000 km the wheel bearing went out. Had it replaced, and then replacement was noisy day one. Either it was defective, or they broke it during install. The bearing separated. Also to note when I picked it up the dealer didnt tighten my lug nuts and my wheels almost fell off on the highway. Only reason I did it at the dealer was it was under comprehensive warranty. Never again, I'd rather pay for the part and do it myself.
So you have the same bearing replaced twice, correct?

Lug nuts not tight is crazy....

M16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
Country flag
So you have the same bearing replaced twice, correct?

Lug nuts not tight is crazy....
Yep the same bearing. Left front.
While I was in the process of jacking up my car on the shoulder of the highway and seating the wheels right before I tighten them back, the dealership calls me and says oh I think we forgot to torque your lugnuts. I didnt even mention it because that was the last time I would ever bring my car there.

Blaaz

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4 Dr EX-T
Country flag
2016 EX-T sedan approaching 40k. A/C works fine. No CVT fluid replace yet. Some cracks in the windshield and broken lens on the right fog light. Otherwise car is running fine and ageing well.
Sponsored