2016 owners : Do you have any noticeable wear and tear ?

schmiddr2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-L
Country flag
2016 EXL w/ 140k miles

-Steering wheel sticking lightly when driving for a long time. Dealer could not fix, but its rare.
-A few rattles on bumpy roads.
-Infortainment would jump around but was mostly fixed by dealer.
-Replaced cracked windshield. OEM windshield is better than the Safelite for clarity and cleans better. But its 4 times the price.
-AC stopped working this year. I will fix it myself and probably spend $500.
-I've recently noticed the rear suspension has a light clunk over big bumps.

I have done all fluids myself. Still have not replaced the brake pads, but I have OEM pads on hand and will replace calipers too. I ran with a rune for a while and do not see adverse effects. Leather is nice still, no tears.
Sponsored

Zachchapter1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring - White
Country flag
2016 White Touring in Texas and am about to cross 100k miles since getting it in July 2016. I've had zero unexpected needed repairs occur. Just lots of oil changes, replaced brake pads once so far, 4 new tires only once so far, changed the 4 spark plugs myself once, and 2-3 four-wheel alignments.

I drive this car pretty dang hard too, angry Dallas/Ft Worth driver style... A ton of floored acceleration, hard braking and taking turns probably way too fast. I don't have a single doubt this car will get me from A to B safely and reliably at 100k+miles. I don't plan to re sell the car, but instead will give it to my niece when it's her turn to start driving in the next year or so.

Interior/exterior trim hasn't degraded, except on the top of the steering wheel. Paint and plastics held over well. Never waxed the car, only 6-8 car washes maybe.

Only caveats so far:
-1 tweeter and 1 speaker pops at higher volumes and I do get the random "is someone tapping the back button?" issue
-I think the suspension is wearing a bit, front left wheel knocks some when going over irregularities in the road and the steering feels a bit "wobbly" when going over bumps now
-A/C stops blowing cold when idle for more than 10min but acceptably cold when in motion.. But this is Texas.

Not high mileage related, but my downsides with this car are: CVTs sucks and I'll never have a CVT again, no matter what manufacturer it's from (even though Honda's is great) and it is LOUD on the highway. Otherwise, I've been pleased and I'd definitely buy another one for another 4 years.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2016 EXL w/ 140k miles...
I have done all fluids myself. Still have not replaced the brake pads, but I have OEM pads on hand and will replace calipers too.
I do my own maintainance also but I’ve never had to replace calipers, except 1 time on a 30 yr old GM car bc one was leaking. Did u mean rotors?

rbnav

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2016 ex 124k kilometers
2 front wheel bearings
Rear brakes
Rear shocks
Small paint chip on hood
Rear calipers are the only thing with the most rust
Live in canada and they use salt all winter, but I do wash it often
The audio unit especially in winter sometimes beeps like crazy and has phantom touches.

The only other annoying thing is in hot weather the roof of the car makes a cracking noise from the metal contraction and expansion
2016 ext here. Mine used to have “phantom touches” caused uncontrollable beeping. If you haven’t already, set touch sensitivity to the lowest setting. This resolved the problem for me

Last edited:
Reactions: M16

M16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
Country flag
2016 ext here. Mine used to have “phantom touches” caused uncontrollable beeping. If you haven’t already, set touch sensitivity to the lowest setting. This resolved the problem for me
Ok thanks.
I also found a tsb for this issue,and they update the firmware on the head unit. I didnt do it yet though.

rbnav

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok thanks.
I also found a tsb for this issue,and they update the firmware on the head unit. I didnt do it yet though.
Found that too. Just remember that a TSB isn’t a recall and given the age of your vehicle, unless you have extended, there will most likely be out of pocket on your end.

I called mine, which did my AC condenser and cvt lower valve body for free couple weeks ago, and they wanted 120 lol changing the settings fixed it for me so I said nevermind

Reactions: M16

trogg78

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic 2008 Honda Odyssey
Country flag
I have a 2016 Civic EX with about 52,000 miles. I had some leaks in the trunk and replaced the weather stripping. The latch had come loose and needed to be tightened. Replaced rear shocks, rear brake pads and rotors. The rotors were rusted really bad. I have also changed the CVT fluid.

ITGRAD

Love my Civic!!!
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring and 2015 Lexus CT200h
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine is sitting just under 37k and I have had no issues. Have pretty good road rash but when you drive 47+ miles one way since June 11th, 2019 it is to be expected. Still love my touring......

4 new tires (Factory FT140's sucked)
6 Oil Changes
Wash car every 2-3 days
Black plastic on front grill is starting to look bad (will replace with updated all black grill)
Strut Assembly popping (2 different dealers and my mechanic said it was not the CV Joint)
All brakes and rotors replaced

Last edited:

Maxara Faxa

First Name
Maxara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
2016 EXL w/ 140k miles

-Steering wheel sticking lightly when driving for a long time. Dealer could not fix, but its rare.
-A few rattles on bumpy roads.
-Infortainment would jump around but was mostly fixed by dealer.
-Replaced cracked windshield. OEM windshield is better than the Safelite for clarity and cleans better. But its 4 times the price.
-AC stopped working this year. I will fix it myself and probably spend $500.
-I've recently noticed the rear suspension has a light clunk over big bumps.

I have done all fluids myself. Still have not replaced the brake pads, but I have OEM pads on hand and will replace calipers too. I ran with a rune for a while and do not see adverse effects. Leather is nice still, no tears.
Dude! Mines does the same clunk noise over big bumps. I thought it was the spare tire.. but the spare was tied pretty well. I still don't know what it is, maybe the rear crash board is coming loose? I have to drop the rear bumper and check.
Sponsored