2016 lx manual clutch noise

infunf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx manual
For some reason my clutch makes this slight hiss noise when I switch gears from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. It's a very faint noise, but it sounds like the clutch disc engaging onto the pressure plate. Didn't expect this car to make a noise like that, but anyone else hear it?
Sponsored

chokesmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX Manual 2016
Country flag
Do you feel a vibration through you clutch pedal? Does it sound like a creaking hissing noise? I hear something in first to second but it is not worrying to me to be honest. I believe that once the clutch get properly broken in it will probably go away. If i can still hear it at my first oil change i'll ask them what's up with that.

OP
OP

infunf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx manual
Do you feel a vibration through you clutch pedal? Does it sound like a creaking hissing noise? I hear something in first to second but it is not worrying to me to be honest. I believe that once the clutch get properly broken in it will probably go away. If i can still hear it at my first oil change i'll ask them what's up with that.
I don't feel any vibration, but the noise sounds like a recirc/blow off valve...right? Even though it's na.

Seems like it only does it when the car's cold.

chokesmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX Manual 2016
Country flag
I don't feel any vibration, but the noise sounds like a recirc/blow off valve...right? Even though it's na.

Seems like it only does it when the car's cold.
I hear the noise when I'm driving slowly. If I'm driving a little bit agressive there is no sound to be heard. And it's not only when cold for me.

If you are really concerned I would ask the dealer what they have to say but to be honest, if it is like what I hear with mine I would not worry before the first oil change.

OP
OP

infunf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx manual
I hear the noise when I'm driving slowly. If I'm driving a little bit agressive there is no sound to be heard. And it's not only when cold for me.

If you are really concerned I would ask the dealer what they have to say but to be honest, if it is like what I hear with mine I would not worry before the first oil change.
Ya, I notice it only when I'm soft on the acceleration. Definitely don't hear it with the windows up. I'm not really worried, it's just kind of disappointing. I own an auto shop so if this issue gets worse I'll inspect it and hopefully come up with an idea.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
It could be noise from the accessories. I noticed right away that they would tend "sing" at the lower speeds you're referring to, especially around 1.5-2K rpm's. After 5K miles, it appears to normal. I really don't think there's anything wrong with the clutch, unless there's air that found its way into the lines.

OP
OP

infunf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx manual
I just realized this noise occurs when letting off the gas. So if I'm in 4th or 5th gear at low rpm and accelerate when I let off I'll hear the air noise.

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
Country flag
i get the exact same noise. most noticeable when driving at low speeds/low rpms and shifting from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd. i took it to the dealer and they couldn't hear the noise. i asked them to check the tensioner/idler pulleys and they said the sound okay. guess it's normal. i think it's either the turbo bypass valve or maybe pressure plate/clutch noise. everything seems to work perfectly.
Sponsored