2016 LX 6 spd review kinda

BLKonBLK'16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16blkCIV '69nomad,'90toy4x4
Country flag
the story of my new civic.
Last new car i had was a 06 corolla ce auto. i now drive a 90 Toyota 4x4 truck. i need a car for long trips now. i know that my current cars are too under powered to climb those nice steep grades you run into from time to time. the rental cars I've gotten, had the power I'm looking for and they were the about 200hp sedans. the cars I had it narrowed it down to, were the scion tc and the Honda accord, either one would have to be a 6 speed. few days ago i discovered that the new civic had more horsies. enough in fact that it should be close in performance to the accord. i have a new LX 6 speed in my drive way now. here is a pic of those super trick wheel covers

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 LX 6 spd review kinda civicwheel_zps9lndwxd2

the review part. first off the stereo is so so. weather its the deck or the speakers i don' know but it will stay for now. as you can see the wheel covers are neat-o along with the hancook tires, combine to make......well they may need to go. i need to put more miles on them tires to see if they are cra p or not. Quite, the car is quite, but you do get some interior noise. its so quite to me that i don't see trying to improve it.
the interior quality i can't say either, i seem to think in black it looks and feels damn good. but a ivory one we sat in gave me a cheap feeling like my daughters '14 carolla. but their the same except color so go figure. room I'm 6'2 and its plenty large enough for me, seats not all the way back either. i guess between 06 and ? these got a tad bit bigger.

lets get on to that 2.0, it would be nice to think that I'd be able to just strap on tubro and be ready to play but i don't like the sounds of intergrated manifold. not that i'd add one even if needed. no matter the power it has now, I feel is going to be good enough. how does it perform behind a six speed? well you can actually feel it pull you back in the seat. but not by much. this is in comparison to a scion IM six speed (138hp) which gave me no feeling of acceleration. so far every hill or grade I've gone up has been a piece of cake did not require downshifting not even close. even the cvt rentals I had downshifted these grades. the only real test to give it now is to see how it will do speeding up to pass on those grades. how fast is it, don't race anyone you'll get beat by real fast car. it is however fast enough to be fun. about 80% the fun of my wifes' 99 miata.
i can't say much about the handling but it seems ok, nothing I'd want upgrade right away if ever?
oh i will mention i did get scratch in second without meaning to. that on flat dry pavement.

as far as the tranny itself if find it super easy shifting with no searching or anything for the gears.
i find the throws long by just a tad for performance shifting, meaning I'd like faster shifts. best shifting tranny i've ever had, really and that includes the auto's and cvt's.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 LX 6 spd review kinda civicrear_zpstq012pgs

de-badged for all to wonder what it is.., still need to take care of the h's

i wasn't looking for the horsepower of the SI but would have sprung for one if that what it took.
the 2.0 in here seem to put out just the right amount of power. i have no fears that when I'm stuck behind a truck on a grade, when its time to pass I won't feel I'm stressing out the engine, might not ever come out of overdrive.

first road trip is still a few weeks away then well really see.

pwschuh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed
Country flag
I haven't tested the ultimate acceleration capability of my LX yet since it's still in its break-in period. For me, the shifting experience is just OK. The clutch is way too light. The shifter position is great but the linkage is a little balky compared to my old Corolla. Hopefully it will smooth out with use. I left those hubcaps on the dealer's doorstep when i took delivery. I don't do hubcaps on any car made after 1980. I agree about the stereo. I don't really use it for music but the rear shelf speakers could probably stand to be upgraded.

OP
OP

BLKonBLK'16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i'll pay more attention to how my shifts are going. but i really find no problem with mine. maybe with more time. i guess i don't mind the no clutch feel.

civicryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus ST . 2015 Honda CRV EX
thanks for the info.

i haven't heard much about what people think about the manual transmission.

CE1_nobling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX 6sp , 1997 Honda Accord EX Wagon , 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CrewCab 6.0
Country flag
The clutch is really light, but once you get used to it , it's not that big of a deal.
Shifting is good and I have no issues with the throws or the effort needed to shift.

HondaEric

Eric B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX CVT, 2010 Honda Odyssey LX
Country flag
I took one of these for a spin last night at work. I agree, the clutch is light, but that's fine by me. The shifter feels really good; nice weight to it. In the past I've preferred 5MT to 6MT as a general rule, but this transmission works well for me. I didn't find any issues with selecting the correct gate; everything was spaced as it ought to be.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy one for myself. I'm planning to run my Camry into the ground.

OP
OP

BLKonBLK'16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yes at least i took the civic off. i have tried plasti dipping the H but did not like it much so off that came. will be trying some kinda black chrome wrap. i looked at taking the H off but it did not seem that easy a job to do on a lark.

edit did not read very well .
to take off on a hot day you maybe able to pry off with strong finger nails. otherwise i saw it off with fishing line ala flossing like your teeth. if you have a strong floss you can use that too. rub away the excess stick um with you finger or a rag carfull not to scratch the paint. scratching the paint is not a worry though. i did not try this but if you have some of the sticky stuff you might be able to take it off with that, using you fingers dab some fresh stuff on the old and it should lift the old right stuff off.
Sponsored

Last edited: