2016 Honda Sensing System Not Working Cold Weather

m0tbaillie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan
Folks, quick question --

I have a 2016 Honda Civic Sedan. I've started noticing as the weather has gotten colder (freezing temperatures here in the DC area) that when I go start my vehicle first thing in the morning, the Honda Sensing systems (specifically: Lane Keeping Assist System, Road Departure Mitigation, Collision Mitigation Braking System) don't work.

The instrument cluster says that each of the systems has malfunctioned and is inoperable. So, I drive to work, turn the vehicle off and then back on and everything is fine. Later in the day once the temperature is somewhat warmer (and the vehicle has been sitting in the sun) it is completely fine and there are no warnings.

Only started noticing this in the last week when the morning temps have hit freezing - I've looked through the owner's manual but cannot tell if this is normal behavior or not. Any thoughts?

I still need to take the vehicle into the dealership for the latest parking brake recall, was going to mention it to them...
Sponsored

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
I can't say I've noticed this problem, but my car is garage kept so it isn't exposed to the cold as long.

Pics of what you're seeing would be helpful. Either way though, you want to be talking to your dealer.

kimomari

First Name
Kakuri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Folks, quick question --

I have a 2016 Honda Civic Sedan. I've started noticing as the weather has gotten colder (freezing temperatures here in the DC area) that when I go start my vehicle first thing in the morning, the Honda Sensing systems (specifically: Lane Keeping Assist System, Road Departure Mitigation, Collision Mitigation Braking System) don't work.

The instrument cluster says that each of the systems has malfunctioned and is inoperable. So, I drive to work, turn the vehicle off and then back on and everything is fine. Later in the day once the temperature is somewhat warmer (and the vehicle has been sitting in the sun) it is completely fine and there are no warnings.

Only started noticing this in the last week when the morning temps have hit freezing - I've looked through the owner's manual but cannot tell if this is normal behavior or not. Any thoughts?

I still need to take the vehicle into the dealership for the latest parking brake recall, was going to mention it to them...
Hi motbaillie,

I have a 2018 Pilot and this week experienced the same problem that you had back in 2016. I found your post when I searched "Honda Sensing Cold Weather" online and was shocked to see you describe exactly what was happening to our Pilot. I took my car in today but they couldn't do much since the temperature was a bit warmer and the warning lights didn't come on in the morning.

I was wondering if you managed to get the problem sorted out with the dealer? Hope you'll see this and update us on how your issue was solved - there may be a few more people who may experience this same issue.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
I did not experience any problems with our 18' Odyssey w/sensing, only time it did not work was when ice was blocking the radar and gave me a message saying "radar is inoperable", with sensing shutting down.
Sponsored