2016 Honda Civic vs Toyota Corolla Comparison

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I juSt reread your comment I haven't been in one but I imagine then u have and that sucks a Suv shouldn't come with 144hp
I haven't been in one but saw one the other day on the road, wondered what that was - looked it up later online and saw it does 0-60 in double digits and the reviewers couldn't have been any more graphic about its lack of zoot. I do think the HR-V is a pretty nice looking sub-ute but if only Honda would put the 1.5T into it. At least its lighter than the C-HR but not much faster.
Sponsored

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Is it me or does the new Corolla infotainment seem really low ? I took an Uber in a new Corolla and the infotainment seems like it was extremely low on the center console and harder to read than the Civic's. If I recall it is also vertical and not angled

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 C300, 14 corolla, 17 civic
Country flag
Is it me or does the new Corolla infotainment seem really low ? I took an Uber in a new Corolla and the infotainment seems like it was extremely low on the center console and harder to read than the Civic's. If I recall it is also vertical and not angled
The corollas setup if I may be honest is a bit archaic. I can only speak on the 14 s I own it is low as fuck and has no option to tilt or adjust. It's something I always told them in the surveys like why should someone have to look down to see the navi screen. I feel with the civic hatch it's set up nice it almost right there at eye level and it's not adjustable to my knowledge, but the angle they gave it is not just stylish but practical. Also it doesn't help that our rollas screen is dipped inward between the borders of the unit case and the screen is like 5 or 6 inches. Not for nothing the prius got a nice ass tablet sized screen and while I think in terms of design it's clunky, they could have set it into the console, it still is more practical then the corolla. Im not saying put that in the rolla cause the rolla supposed to target "sportiness" but raise it up ward allow adjustment and increase the size to 7 or 8 inches I think it would look great function well.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
The corollas setup if I may be honest is a bit archaic. I can only speak on the 14 s I own it is low as fuck and has no option to tilt or adjust. It's something I always told them in the surveys like why should someone have to look down to see the navi screen. I feel with the civic hatch it's set up nice it almost right there at eye level and it's not adjustable to my knowledge, but the angle they gave it is not just stylish but practical. Also it doesn't help that our rollas screen is dipped inward between the borders of the unit case and the screen is like 5 or 6 inches. Not for nothing the prius got a nice ass tablet sized screen and while I think in terms of design it's clunky, they could have set it into the console, it still is more practical then the corolla. Im not saying put that in the rolla cause the rolla supposed to target "sportiness" but raise it up ward allow adjustment and increase the size to 7 or 8 inches I think it would look great function well.

The sloping angle and position of the infotainment on the Corolla is very low. Even looking at the temp control knobs they set well below the steering wheel. The photo I attached of the Civic hatch the infotainment is sloped upwards, and all the controls are close to the center gauge and on the upper half of the steering wheel. It's very noticeable in these 2 photos. It just looks ergonomically ill positioned. You have to tilt your head to the right in order to see the vertical infotainment on the Corolla. In fact, I saw my Uber driver doing that instead of watching the road.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic vs Toyota Corolla Comparison 2017-toyota-corolla-interior-front-seats_o-e1461358245305

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic vs Toyota Corolla Comparison 2017_toyota_corolla_eco_021_720_0

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic vs Toyota Corolla Comparison 2017 Honda Civic LX interior

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The sloping angle and position of the infotainment on the Corolla is very low. Even looking at the temp control knobs they set well below the steering wheel. The photo I attached of the Civic hatch the infotainment is sloped upwards, and all the controls are close to the center gauge and on the upper half of the steering wheel. It's very noticeable in these 2 photos. It just looks ergonomically ill positioned. You have to tilt your head to the right in order to see the vertical infotainment on the Corolla. In fact, I saw my Uber driver doing that instead of watching the road.

2017-toyota-corolla-interior-front-seats_o-e1461358245305.jpg

2017_toyota_corolla_eco_021_720_0.jpg

2017 Honda Civic LX interior.jpg
That seems the same to my 14 s. Really bad on toyota behalf. But to hit on some civic flaws the climate control in the civic is odd. You need to press climate button then use the screen vs having knobs to twist

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The knobs are definitely old school they could have went touch screen. The angle though just seems very difficult to work with
I think you misunderstood me bro. I mean the civic should have knobs. I think it's kinda dumb that I have to look at the screen to manage it. I have adjust so now I can do it with out but it so non traditional I think.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The dash design is old because it was probably designed back in '11 or something. No other car I can think of has such an old-school looking dash.

Should be remedied with the '19(?) rehash.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
The look isn't horrible. I think the overall display of the civic is on point. I just really dislike the vertical position and lower position of the Corolla display

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To be fair, it looks like it's angled that way to help reduce glare. At the same time, it looks more pointed towards the rear seat than the driver/front passenger.

LKN

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring, 2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite, 2003 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Country flag
I'll never understand the appeal of Toyotas... they are such floaty and soul-less driving vehicles. When we bought our 2012 Odyssey Touring Elite we also checked out the Sienna. NIGHT AND DAY. The Odyssey drives basically like an accord (and it's actually pretty fast). The Toyota felt like a bus (granted it's smooth and comfortable... but so is the odyssey and it is WAY more fun/precise/etc). Every rental Toyota I've ever had basically felt like a somewhat more refined Chevy.... while Hondas (at least IMO) drive more like German cars

Apostolis

Greek
First Name
Apostolis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Here is my insight on my test drive experiences. I commute about 80 miles a day minimum and I wanted a reliable vehicle. Uncle has a 2000 yota tundra with 405,000 kms going strong. Original engine and tranny still going strong. Went to the Toyota dealership with 10K CAD Cash to buy a vehicle. I get into a CVT corolla and first thing I noticed was how boring the engine sounded. It was sluggish. The interior didn't fell as spacious as people state. If I had a family I would opt for the Camry or Avalon. I asked to take it on the highway. I would never attempt a pass in a corolla especially with passengers. I got quoted 20k. I thought to myself 20k to buy a boring, but "reliable" car. The salesman was even sitting on the rear seat and I was asking questions I was literally asking him to give me a reason to buy the vehicle and he couldn't sell it to me. and then I walk into a Honda dealership and I see the new Si sitting in the showroom. The salesman tossed the keys at me and let me drive it by myself. You know that Honda nailed it when they can get somebody who is looking to buy a vehicle decide to buy it before they test drive it. If it was the Type R siting there I would have bought. The new hondas are bold, they have personality. They aren't perfect by any means, but they inspire you to have fun on your commute. You merge in free ways and you don't have to rev your engine to 6k rpm to get to 60mph. You look forward to your next drive. You pack a punch. The corollas, they don't have that inspiration Toyota used to have. Unless you are putting out between 40k and 70k to buy the high end fully loaded tundras or Sequioas at which point you might as well consider buying a Honda Accord, a Acura, or even an Audi and keep cash on the side to service it once it's starts hitting the high mileage services which are expensive on German cars.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
I'll never understand the appeal of Toyotas... they are such floaty and soul-less driving vehicles. When we bought our 2012 Odyssey Touring Elite we also checked out the Sienna. NIGHT AND DAY. The Odyssey drives basically like an accord (and it's actually pretty fast). The Toyota felt like a bus (granted it's smooth and comfortable... but so is the odyssey and it is WAY more fun/precise/etc). Every rental Toyota I've ever had basically felt like a somewhat more refined Chevy.... while Hondas (at least IMO) drive more like German cars
Toyotas are quite literally old people cars, they are slow, 2-3 years behind in technology at a refresh but they are reliable. They get mediocre gas mileage, have no new technology but everything in them is usually 100% proven technology, they are not innovators but followers and it works for them.

Honda has typically split the difference, they aren't early adopters but they keep up with the curve. I have a Toyota pickup and 2 Honda's, they all serve a purpose but I wouldn't buy a Toyota car/van as like you said they are completely soul-less boring vehicles.
Sponsored