2016 Honda Civic vs Accord Comparison

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
4 cylinder cvt engine of Accord is 2.4L and there is 3.5L for 6 cylinder as well. They are powerful engine in comparison to engine civic 2.0L. You can argue on the basis of horsepower for turbocharged, other than that 2.4L and 3.5L are powerful and can handle more pressure. Good for the long run.

you are comparing apples to oranges. the 3.5L Accord is $10k more with taxes and higher insurance and much lower gas mileage and drives like a boat compared to the Civic.

I drove the Accord many times but the Civic feels faster and more modern. it has plenty of leg room and I am 5'10. even the back has great room
Sponsored

MalikBrother

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
you are comparing apples to oranges. the 3.5L Accord is $10k more with taxes and higher insurance and much lower gas mileage and drives like a boat compared to the Civic.

I drove the Accord many times but the Civic feels faster and more modern. it has plenty of leg room and I am 5'10. even the back has great room
That's why you have option to go with Accord 2.4L. I agree it is bit more expensive with 2.4L, but it is worth the long run in comparison to 2.0L that is new and untested. Plus Insurance is not supposed to be higher if you have Accord, Sonata, Camry. It is usually high with compact sedan like Civic, Elantra, mazda 3 and Corolla.

If you are choosing between Civic 1.5 Turbocharged with CVT and Accord V6, then better go with Turbocharged. Otherwise, it is safer to go with Accord 2.4L that is little bit pricier than new and untested Civic 2.0L that is reported on engine recall already within the short period right after 'Car of the Year' nomination.

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's why you have option to go with Accord 2.4L. I agree it is bit more expensive with 2.4L, but it is worth the long run in comparison to 2.0L that is new and untested. Plus Insurance is not supposed to be higher if you have Accord, Sonata, Camry. It is usually high with compact sedan like Civic, Elantra, mazda 3 and Corolla.

If you are choosing between Civic 1.5 Turbocharged with CVT and Accord V6, then better go with Turbocharged. Otherwise, it is safer to go with Accord 2.4L that is little bit pricier than new and untested Civic 2.0L that is reported on engine recall already within the short period right after 'Car of the Year' nomination.

the engine recall was for the first MONTH of produced cars. All new produced cars are OK and most of the original were OK. they just needed an inspection.

MalikBrother

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
the engine recall was for the first MONTH of produced cars. All new produced cars are OK and most of the original were OK. they just needed an inspection.
From what i know that Honda Civic 2016 Turbocharged 1.5L is fine, but not Honda Civic 2016 2.0L, new and untested. All Honda Civic 2016 2.0L is on engine recall according to the legit article. Those who purchased Turbocharged 1.5L which qualifies for Touring package have nothing to worry like your Honda Touring.

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
From what i know that Honda Civic 2016 Turbocharged 1.5L is fine, but not Honda Civic 2016 2.0L, new and untested. All Honda Civic 2016 2.0L is on engine recall according to the legit article. Those who purchased Turbocharged 1.5L which qualifies for Touring package have nothing to worry like your Honda Touring.
I dont think you understand what a recall is. A recall is for PAST vehicles. All new 2.0 vehicles dont have the problem. . Only some of the first ones that were produced.

MalikBrother

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Old news? This is recent matter. It hasn't been a month yet.
old news. only affects vehicles made in October/November. All new 2.0L are good.

of course the news is going to post it because the RECALL of older Oct/Nov produced vehicles is happening NOW.

does it affect anyone buying a civic today or tomorrow? NO

MalikBrother

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Time will tell, but right now it is on-going situation. Best to wait for at least a half year if not the whole just to be safe.

regularguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX w/sensing, 16 Civic EX
Country flag
Maybe I was mistaken, but my impression was that the 1.5T is an all-new engine, or "untested," as you put it. I thought the 2.0L was still based on the K-series, no?

MalikBrother

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Maybe I was mistaken, but my impression was that the 1.5T is an all-new engine, or "untested," as you put it. I thought the 2.0L was still based on the K-series, no?
This Honda Civic is 2.0L which is new and untested because last few years, the civic engine used 1.8L. I am sure Honda should be able to improve its 2.0L engine within the few years. I don't know about K-series, but i think you might be right. Normally people should wait for at least few months to observe how it goes; be it Toyota, Honda or Hyundai. You never know what to expect from new cars, but that's what the warranty is for. Besides, I am due for new car so i am gonna be patient, hence being observant.

1.5 Turbocharged engine has been used for a while, so it has become regular routine now.

Last edited:

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
lol, both engines are tried/tested.

The K-series engines and its variants have been around for over a decade, as have the L-series found in the Turbo models.

There's no doubt that Honda will "improve its 2.0L", but that is not to say that it is in its infancy. The 2.4 in the Accord and the 2.0 in the Civic are siblings - obviously with different displacement, bore/stroke, and power output, but the design of the engines are vastly similar.

Sushimaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 lx
Vehicle Showcase
old news. only affects vehicles made in October/November. All new 2.0L are good.

of course the news is going to post it because the RECALL of older Oct/Nov produced vehicles is happening NOW.

does it affect anyone buying a civic today or tomorrow? NO
Can you post a link to where it said that only vehicles made in oct/nov? Just want to make sure cuz mine is made in january. Thank.

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can you post a link to where it said that only vehicles made in oct/nov? Just want to make sure cuz mine is made in january. Thank.
go to the beginning of the recall threads. somewhere it said the first 38k vehicles produced. you can also check your VIN. .
Sponsored