Backstrom

Threads
Reaction score
Thanks for getting up close and personal. Did they drive the car around at all? I'd like to see the car in motion, it gives you a better feel for stance and ride.
Sponsored

Whoosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Why was this more about the band than the car :doh: I don't even know who they are.

Great pics and videos guys. Did they start the car up at all? Don't think we've heard the car in any video yet...

s2ker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000
Should have popped the hood. Or maybe this was a prototype that wasn't even fitted with the proper engine. :dunno:

I'd really like to hear about the 1.5L, wonder when we are getting our first drive impressions.

OP
OP
administrator

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Why was this more about the band than the car :doh: I don't even know who they are.

Great pics and videos guys. Did they start the car up at all? Don't think we've heard the car in any video yet...
No, the car wasn't started. There was already so much smoke effects in there for the band, we probably would have had to evacuate :)

OP
OP
administrator

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Should have popped the hood. Or maybe this was a prototype that wasn't even fitted with the proper engine. :dunno:

I'd really like to hear about the 1.5L, wonder when we are getting our first drive impressions.
I did pop the hood, but a rep came over and asked that it be kept closed. There's an actual engine in there, but it didn't have an engine cover so they didn't want it photographed.

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag

They drove it out at the press event in Detroit, but it was more like engine coasted it out and no engine/exhaust sound was heard, but it did power itself out there.

NorCalRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Civic Si Turbo, 2012 Vw Jetta Sportwagen TDI, 2009Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4, 2001 Mazda Miata, 1963 Chevrolet Impala SS Wagon
My biggest complaint is that the touring model is cvt only.

Alvaro Torres

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX-S
Lots of nice stats on the new car but does that line scare anyone? That could take away from being a true return to 'sporty' that Honda promised. :hmm:
well i take this as reduced cabin noise which is always a good thing and should not interfere with performance.

TenGen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 6 Speed
Really hope the EX-T model offers a manual transmission option. That would be a popular seller. I would even consider getting it unless the Si is a much better option. Love the idea of the 1.5 turbo

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
Really hope the EX-T model offers a manual transmission option. That would be a popular seller. I would even consider getting it unless the Si is a much better option. Love the idea of the 1.5 turbo
EX-T gets the 1.5T + 1.5T gets a CVT only = EX-T will not be manual :(

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
Love the pix. Thanks.

This car looks like a home run to me.

Question for anyone who was there: what about visibility from the driver's seat to the back of the car? Looks like it has big blind spots, which is a bummer, because I love the styling.

Izze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ILX
well i take this as reduced cabin noise which is always a good thing and should not interfere with performance.
Reduced noise from NVH is a good thing but I've sat in a few cars lately that are just too quiet even if the stock exhaust sounds good. My friend bought a new ecoboost mustang that suffers from that problem. It feels like you're driving 40mph when you're doing 80. It's good and bad. It's great if you're looking for comfort but it kills a lot of the fun when accelerating.

NorCalRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Civic Si Turbo, 2012 Vw Jetta Sportwagen TDI, 2009Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4, 2001 Mazda Miata, 1963 Chevrolet Impala SS Wagon
I don't get why all of these auto manufacturers think we want cvt transmissions. They are loud and annoying. Every car I've test drove with one was horrible. I understand that it will help with the fuel economy, but from a driving perspective it takes all the fun out of it.

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Really interested in what the final word is on the Si and type R as far as specs and numbers. The 1.5L and 2.0L in these models isn't a surprise -- exactly what I was expecting from previous insight.

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
I don't get why all of these auto manufacturers think we want cvt transmissions. They are loud and annoying. Every car I've test drove with one was horrible. I understand that it will help with the fuel economy, but from a driving perspective it takes all the fun out of it.
Well, as you said, it's mainly about mpg. Gov't regs due to pollution and global warming mean that mpg needs to increase c. 50% from where we are now by 2025.

My 2008 Accord with a manual transmission gets about 30 mpg on the highway, while my wife's 2013 Accord with the CVT gets 36-39 on the highway. That's a very big increase for a car that's the same size inside, and is faster 0-60. I think about half of that improvement comes from the CVT. And I don't think Honda's CVT is loud.

Have you tried the Honda's "EarthDreams" CVT in the Accord? Yeah, it's still a CVT, but it's the best on the market, and waaaaay ahead of Nissan's CVT.

But if you want performance and to shift yourself, manuals are still available from Honda. Or, you could get the 8 speed DCT on the ILX or TLX.
Sponsored