05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
Few more details added. Wheelbase is 1.2" longer.
Thanks for the pix! Noticed the new specs posted, glad they gave us some at least. Would still like to know weight. If it's right around the same weight as current sedan, with that 1.5T engine's +31 hp, it should have some go. :drive:
Sponsored

OP
OP
administrator

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Some feedback on the interior - the quality is there. The surfaces felt real good to the touch IMO. The look is definitely more grown up and upscale than any other Civic before. Got to sit in both the front and the rear -- ample headroom and seats felt comfortable. The gauge colors and graphics were pleasing and looks more natural and intuitive than the previous bi-level design.

Didn't have time to play with buttons throughout the interior though so don't know how those feel yet.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the pix! Noticed the new specs posted, glad they gave us some at least. Would still like to know weight. If it's right around the same weight as current sedan, with that 1.5T engine's +31 hp, it should have some go. :drive:
Considering the 1.5T is only about 10hp shy of the accord 2.4 even if it gained a couple pounds the car's 0-60 should be much much improved. under 8 seconds i'd imagine. I think i saw that the car's frame is 68 pounds lighter than the current.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Some feedback on the interior - the quality is there. The surfaces felt real good to the touch IMO. The look is definitely more grown up and upscale than any other Civic before. Got to sit in both the front and the rear -- ample headroom and seats felt comfortable. The gauge colors and graphics were pleasing and looks more natural and intuitive than the previous bi-level design.

Didn't have time to play with buttons throughout the interior though so don't know how those feel yet.
In your opinion how much do you think length has grown compared to the current car? Educated guess?

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
Considering the 1.5T is only about 10hp shy of the accord 2.4 even if it gained a couple pounds the car's 0-60 should be much much improved. under 8 seconds i'd imagine. I think i saw that the car's frame is 68 pounds lighter than the current.
I'm just hoping they didn't put that back and then a good amount with all the new tech. That happens to a lot of cars these days. I agree a few added pounds with the extra hp should give it a better 0-60. The improved aerodynamics will help a little too.

Kane76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TL
Long time lurker first time poster. Thanks for the coverage. Looked like tight quarters lol.

I'll be honest man I'm not a fan of the fastback shape on this car or any other car. The rear also looks like a crosstour from some angels. But no doubt the car looks better than the current sedan. The shorter overhangs, 1 inch lower and 2 inch wider makes a huge difference.

Ten10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Accord
First time posting, good coverage of the show.

Did they say how much the front overhang was shortened by? I wish they would have cut down on the rear overhang as well. It's definitely looking longer than I would have liked. Hope the coupe doesn't suffer from the same problem.

OP
OP
administrator

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
In your opinion how much do you think length has grown compared to the current car? Educated guess?
The car definitely gives the impression of being longer. As several users here have mentioned, it likely has to do with the new swoopy lines and also the roofline that now extends back longer than before into the fastback rear. It didn't help that the space was so tight and we were all up so close against the car, which made it appear even bigger. But, if I had to guess I would say it's 1.5 - 2 inches longer? Totally unscientific guess and could be skewed by all these factors.

I agree with what @Kane76 just posted - you definitely notice the 1" lower height, 2" extra width and shortened overhangs in person right away. The sedan has a much sportier stance now.

Whether someone likes the particular styling is a matter of taste, but I think most everyone would agree this new sedan has more presence and is more interesting than before. I noticed this even on the drive home every time I spotted a 9th gen sedan.

Izze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ILX
"Driving refinement and quietness unprecedented in a compact car"

Lots of nice stats on the new car but does that line scare anyone? That could take away from being a true return to 'sporty' that Honda promised. :hmm:

Type-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Fit Sport
"Driving refinement and quietness unprecedented in a compact car"

Lots of nice stats on the new car but does that line scare anyone? That could take away from being a true return to 'sporty' that Honda promised. :hmm:
Not to mention the longer wheelbase which might be good for comfort and high speed stability but usually means less nimble handling. But the 25% stiffer body and lower height is better for handling on the other hand. I'd hate to be an engineer at an auto company trying to make cars more refined, stable, comfortable, but at the same time sportier, better handling and more exciting.

Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBR600RR
Not to mention the longer wheelbase which might be good for comfort and high speed stability but usually means less nimble handling. But the 25% stiffer body and lower height is better for handling on the other hand. I'd hate to be an engineer at an auto company trying to make cars more refined, stable, comfortable, but at the same time sportier, better handling and more exciting.
I'm sure for the coupe and higher models theyll be touting the handling and suspension over the ride comfort and quiet ride.

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
This site has the best pics of any other. Thanks for the posts and info!

The whole time during the reveal I was thinking, "Turn the headlights off! You're ruining the battery!" I had to keep reminding myself they were LEDs that would probably run all night long.

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
Thanks for the posts and info!

Last edited: