Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just gonna paint the rims black. I don't want to buy new rims/wheels for now.
If you are just gonna paint the rims black, not powder-coat them, take them off one at a time, tape off tire edge, use "gloss black/high heat" paint, hair dryer the shit out of it after paint, reinstall, remove tape, and repeat. Trust me, lasts alot longer that just regular Krylon or something.
Sponsored

Last edited:

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah looks cool, I'm going tomorrow to dip few things on car, just gonna paint the rims black. I don't want to buy new rims/wheels for now.
I kept the tires just bought new rims..cool..post pics when your done..not many coupes on here seems..and you are on the green team and all..Lol:D

kushal_14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe EX
If you are just gonna paint the rims black, not powder-coat them, take them off one at a time, tape off tire edge, use "gloss black/high heat" paint, hair dryer the shit out of it after paint, reinstall, remove tape, and repeat. Trust me, lasts alot longer that just regular Krylon or something.
Thanks for the info, but I'm going for professional plasti dip with Autoflex -- lasts around 3-5 years depending on maintenance

kushal_14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe EX
I kept the tires just bought new rims..cool..post pics when your done..not many coupes on here seems..and you are on the green team and all..Lol:D
Yeah I wanted to do early but couldn't get the appointment for earlier date -- I already got all window tints and canada OEM turbo decals, i'll post pics once ready with the dip

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info, but I'm going for professional plasti dip with Autoflex -- lasts around 3-5 years depending on maintenance
Yeeaaahhhh...

NO plastidip will last that long on wheels. Proper maintenance probably means touching up the peeling spots every so often. But, maybe you'll be okay with it. Good luck.

kushal_14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe EX
Yeeaaahhhh...

NO plastidip will last that long on wheels. Proper maintenance probably means touching up the peeling spots every so often. But, maybe you'll be okay with it. Good luck.
Thanks, and it depends on what kind of dip you go for and how you do it -- Huge difference. Plus i'm also going for Autoflex which needs to be done professionally -- we'll see how it goes