Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
Well they need to stop the CRV for a while ha. Coupes made same place too?
Trust me on this they will not stop the production of the crv they can't keep up with the demand and I believe so

OP
OP

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
Does anybody know how many are built per day? Average?
Honda's Indiana factory can make up to 250,000 Civics a year. They don't work on weekends or holidays, and so it might be that the are up and running c. 250 days a year, which means that each day they produce about 1000 cars.

Honda's Ontario factory can make up to 390,000 vehicles, but as someone said that factory also produces the CR-V. But I think more than 50% of the production in Canada is for the Civic. Since the Civic is the best-selling car in Canada, I'm going to guess that they can make about 250,000 a year, and about 1000 a day as well.

In calendar year 2014, I think Honda and its dealers sold about 320,000 or so Civics in the US, although I can't find the exact figures right now (can anyone else find that?). The Civic has been one of the best-selling cars in the country for many years. But I think if CivicX is a huge hit they could make maybe as many as 400,000 for the US market.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Honda's Indiana factory can make up to 250,000 Civics a year. They don't work on weekends or holidays, and so it might be that the are up and running c. 250 days a year, which means that each day they produce about 1000 cars.

Honda's Ontario factory can make up to 390,000 vehicles, but as someone said that factory also produces the CR-V. But I think more than 50% of the production in Canada is for the Civic. Since the Civic is the best-selling car in Canada, I'm going to guess that they can make about 250,000 a year, and about 1000 a day as well.

In calendar year 2014, I think Honda and its dealers sold about 320,000 or so Civics in the US, although I can't find the exact figures right now (can anyone else find that?). The Civic has been one of the best-selling cars in the country for many years. But I think if CivicX is a huge hit they could make maybe as many as 400,000 for the US market.
And it will be a huge hit. Thanks for info!

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
I know this is the civic x website but all the tech and style and power going into this car and it's not their flagship car?! Wow makes me think what the heck are they going to do with the accord in 2018. They set the bar so high with this car. Accord has to surpass this by a mile and going to be hard to do!

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
And not to mention acura they have to wipe the slate clean and start over again imo

Izze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ILX

1,000 a day is a staggering amount of output. And that's just out of one plant. There's the Indiana plant making Civics too.

I know this is the civic x website but all the tech and style and power going into this car and it's not their flagship car?! Wow makes me think what the heck are they going to do with the accord in 2018. They set the bar so high with this car. Accord has to surpass this by a mile and going to be hard to do!
I don't now if I'd call the Accord a 'flagship' car? It's bigger, more stately, and more expensive than the Civic but with this Civic X model the Accord isn't much more in each of these categories anymore. The Civic Type R will be the halo and marketing icon that they use when it comes out.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
1,000 a day is a staggering amount of output. And that's just out of one plant. There's the Indiana plant making Civics too.

I don't now if I'd call the Accord a 'flagship' car? It's bigger, more stately, and more expensive than the Civic but with this Civic X model the Accord isn't much more in each of these categories anymore. The Civic Type R will be the halo and marketing icon that they use when it comes out.
I would think that Honda considers the Accord the main car and that is the one that is the one that sets the Benchmark. I think sales on accord will be cannibalized until its redone. This Civic is like a redo of the accord not a civic imo. Just saying this new civic is really next level

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I would think that Honda considers the Accord the main car and that is the one that is the one that sets the Benchmark. I think sales on accord will be cannibalized until its redone. This Civic is like a redo of the accord not a civic imo. Just saying this new civic is really next level
Remember that the Accord's design is from 2013 and that was nearly three years ago. Honda isn't going to R&D a ton of stuff for it's 2016 refresh. There will be a time where some features from the Civic will be superior to the Accord just due to the overlap. When the 10th gen Accord comes out, you can bet it'll be much nicer than the 2016 Civic.

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
some goodies from their website.

Quick Facts
Soichiro Honda understood the importance of the individual when he founded the company all those years ago. His creed of Respect for the Individual still resonates clearly. In this About Us section we’ve included the pertinent facts and figures (they are listed below), but it’s the associates who get top billing. They drive our quality, which in turn drives consumer desire for our products. And that makes all things possible, like our commitment to improving our communities and neighborhoods.

Started mass production: October 9, 2008

Plant size: 1.3 million square feet

Site size: 1600 acres

Associates: 2,300+

Capital investment: $800 million

Models in production: Civic Sedan

Production Capacity: 250,000 vehicles per year

Operations performed: Stamping, welding, painting, plastic injection molding, sub and final assembly, testing and quality assurance

Supplier impact: Each vehicle contains about 900 parts from hundreds of suppliers, many of them in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan and Kentucky. HMIN uses 18 of the 60 suppliers in Indiana.

Honda Civic: approximately 150 suppliers. About 120 suppliers are located in the Midwest region.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Honda Alliston facility sits on 760 acres. There are 2 plants (376,000 sq. meters about 4 million sq. feet) producing a total of 400,000 Civic's and CRV's and an engine plant producing 260,000 4 cylinder engines.

Plant 1 produces 820 cars per day at 1 every 63.4 seconds, plant 2: 800 1 every 64.2 seconds. Plant 1 produces Civic's. Plant 2 produces Civic's and CRV's. I read somewhere that Alliston only produces the 'Touring' CRV but don't quote me on that.

There are about 4,000 associates.

Looking for the Civic/CRV breakdown.

Last edited:

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Last edited: