firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
I looked at both sets it must be the lighting because the cars that the guys are working on look lighter then the parked ones

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I looked at both sets it must be the lighting because the cars that the guys are working on look lighter then the parked ones
Probably the lighting. Modern Steel tends to change color in different lighting from my experience

JIM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acura rdx
ALL the hatches are being imported, so there really isn't any way of telling at this point. But i speculated that the hatch will only come in Turbo guise on a condensed trim scheme potentially and Type R variation with probably no Si variant (for now)... They're gonna test the waters and see how the hatch sells here, if there is high enough demand i could see them shifting some production of the hatch here in the future in order to expand the hatch trim lineup.
Am I understanding correctly that the SI is also for the first time going to be offered in an automatic 8 speed DCT that is in the Acura TLX?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Am I understanding correctly that the SI is also for the first time going to be offered in an automatic 8 speed DCT that is in the Acura TLX?
We don't know that. It's just speculation.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Don't know where you read that but I for one hope so! The lack of paddle shifters in turbo kind of hints to me that yes they will and I think That they are not going to not want two cars on the lots that are true niche cars that don't sell a huge amounts of so I think they will. The type r is going to be the niche car imo and the Si is going to be sold a lot more then previous generations especially if offered with a solid non cvt auto. that's my thoughts and hopes ha Also new CEO says they want to inject sportiness in the Honda brand not many people can afford nearly 40k for type r

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
From the plant ceremony kicking off 2016 Civic production. Good to see that the people who build the car were included and got to enjoy the occasion.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic production has begun! Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 1.12.31 PM

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic production has begun! Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 1.12.22 PM

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic production has begun! Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 1.12.41 PM

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic production has begun! Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 1.12.48 PM

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fantastic shots. The WOP paint looks really cool under those lights.

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
More Modern Steel waiting to meet their owners eventually.

2016-civic-production.jpeg

Looks like the EX 2.0 if I am correct.

No satellite antenna on the back and not LX rims.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like the EX 2.0 if I am correct.

No satellite antenna on the back and not LX rims.
The hardest trims to tell apart at a glance will be the EXT and EXL models as they have the same outward appearance and rims. Unless you can look inside the car to see if it has leather, they'll appear identical on the road.

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
The hardest trims to tell apart at a glance will be the EXT and EXL models as they have the same outward appearance and rims. Unless you can look inside the car to see if it has leather, they'll appear identical on the road.

YUP!

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
The yellow on the car are a thin protector that are placed in strategic places where its most likely the car will either get scratched or dented in the building process of the car

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
Don't know where you read that but I for one hope so! The lack of paddle shifters in turbo kind of hints to me that yes they will and I think That they are not going to not want two cars on the lots that are true niche cars that don't sell a huge amounts of so I think they will. The type r is going to be the niche car imo and the Si is going to be sold a lot more then previous generations especially if offered with a solid non cvt auto. that's my thoughts and hopes ha Also new CEO says they want to inject sportiness in the Honda brand not many people can afford nearly 40k for type r
I hadn't thought about that but maybe you're onto something - that not seeing paddle shifters included on the CVT for the base model might mean we see a DCT for the Si (with paddles)... this is assuming that there'll be some paddle shifted transmission somewhere in the lineup of course. Tho this is also assuming that they plan to give the Si an auto transmission of some type. They could just go manual only again.

yoyoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 civic ex-l
Canada availability is mid-Nov. Low end DX will be 15,990 and touring will be $26,990. Surprised we didn't see a bigger jump with the low Canadian dollar.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...adian-plant-leads-production/article26900982/
That's actually a bit later than I thought. I wonder if they'll actually be able to sell maybe a week earlier than that date. Just seems quite a ways off considering cars are being made.

Only impatient because I'm car-less at the moment.

Shortbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Fit Blue Sensation
That's actually a bit later than I thought. I wonder if they'll actually be able to sell maybe a week earlier than that date. Just seems quite a ways off considering cars are being made.

Only impatient because I'm car-less at the moment.
What model are you looking to get now that all the specs and model differences are revealed?
Sponsored