jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Answered my own question a little.

Employing more than 4,000 associates, HCM has the capacity to produce 400,000 Civic and CR-V models each year for the Canadian and North America markets, as well as for export. Of which, approximately 100,000 Canadian-built Civic and CR-V units are sold annually here in Canada. HCM also produces 260,000 four-cylinder engines yearly.

Ditto on the yellow stuff, protection.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Canada availability is mid-Nov. Low end DX will be 15,990 and touring will be $26,990. Surprised we didn't see a bigger jump with the low Canadian dollar.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...adian-plant-leads-production/article26900982/
That's why getting a Touring or any car for that matter is practically a bargain! The Touring is at 27k CAD which is a hair over 20.5K USD... Can manufactures don't account for exchange rates because if they did, the price of vehicles would be over inflated. The only problem is, do you muster your money to buy a brand new car in this shit economy because you most likely have something better to spend it on or save!

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Country flag
Actually, the 2016 Touring at $27k in Canada translates to under $21k US. Quite the difference.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's why getting a Touring or any car for that matter is practically a bargain! The Touring is at 27k CAD which is a hair over 20.5K USD... Can manufactures don't account for exchange rates because if they did, the price of vehicles would be over inflated. The only problem is, do you muster your money to buy a brand new car in this shit economy because you most likely have something better to spend it on or save!
Trust me it's the same story here with the economy... Thankfully with 2 years on my current lease i've got time to save my pennies for a down payment. But i'm still floating between doing another 3 year lease (i don't drive that much and my payments would be quite a bit lower, and new car after 3 years) or do i actually finance it this time, put down as much money as i can and eat the extra monthly payment amounts over 5 years and have a paid off car i can trade in for value at the end. God knows i have better things to spend my money on, but my lease isn't going to last forever. haha.

ZAMROAINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Honda CRX
Does anyone know the difference between the Touring and perhaps the upcoming SI model? Will it have the same engine and turbo?

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Does anyone know the difference between the Touring and perhaps the upcoming SI model? Will it have the same engine and turbo?
Honda hasn't announced details of the upcoming Si models yet but what engine it will get is probably the hottest question on CivicX. Check out these threads for some good discussions on the topic:

Civic Si rumored to have around 200HP
2016 Civic Si turbo - welcome or not?
2016 Honda Civic 1.5T and 2.0L engines technical presentation

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
WOW that is so cool to see the civics lined up rolling down the line. They really are Beautiful works of art! Cant wait to see in person. The red is so nice but I really want to check the silver out too. Silver is a nice color but is sometimes boring I don't like charcoal and this is like a combination of the two. Where it doesn't seem boring but not to dark. Its a sporty color in the pics...

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
WOW that is so cool to see the civics lined up rolling down the line. They really are Beautiful works of art! Cant wait to see in person. The red is so nice but I really want to check the silver out too. Silver is a nice color but is sometimes boring I don't like charcoal and this is like a combination of the two. Where it doesn't seem boring but not to dark. Its a sporty color in the pics...
The modern steel metallic is a great color. Pictures don't do it justice, looks so much nicer in person.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
The modern steel metallic is a great color. Pictures don't do it justice, looks so much nicer in person.
So is that the silver this year? I haven't seen any alabaster silver? Thanks for telling me the color ha. Definitely putting on my list, on the coupe though.. Bet it will look so cool on the coupe. If the sedan looks as awesome as it does the coupe is going to be an eye catcher for sure!

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
So is that the silver this year? I haven't seen any alabaster silver? Thanks for telling me the color ha. Definitely putting on my list, on the coupe though.. Bet it will look so cool on the coupe. If the sedan looks as awesome as it does the coupe is going to be an eye catcher for sure!
There is a regular silver as well, I believe its called Lunar Silver Metallic.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As G26okie mentioned... the gray color shown in some of the pictures is the modern steel metallic which is a blueish gray color. The silver color for this model year is the lunar silver metallic which also has somewhat of a blue tone to it (at least in pictures i've seen).

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Isn't the one on the assembly line the Lunar Silver? Or is that the Modern steel? I cant tell... Okay Thanks I edited this one because you answered my ? Thanks!
Sponsored