2016 Honda Civic LX Color Audio System Switch For Different Radio

Deleted member 3091

Hello Everyone. I have the LX Model of the 2016 Honda Civic. By the way I do like it a lot. It has a Color Audio System and not a Display Audio System. I was wondering if it was possible for a LX Model to have an Display Audio System and it still work? If not, do they have an aftermarket kit that is made for the 2016 Honda Civic? I found a radio with Apple Pay that I would have to save and get placed in professionally. I was just curious.
Sponsored

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hello Everyone. I have the LX Model of the 2016 Honda Civic. By the way I do like it a lot. It has a Color Audio System and not a Display Audio System. I was wondering if it was possible for a LX Model to have an Display Audio System and it still work? If not, do they have an aftermarket kit that is made for the 2016 Honda Civic? I found a radio with Apple Pay that I would have to save and get placed in professionally. I was just curious.
Aftermarket kits will take some time to develop, but there's no doubt all sorts of accessories for civics are currently in development. Patience friend, you have basically the best selling compact. All companies would be dumb to exclude it.

If you don't wanna wait for a double din bezel or wiring harness to be made, somebody posted a DIY of replacing with a head unit and fabricating their own bezel.

I feel you though, I'm waiting on a roof rack to be made.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3091

Aftermarket kits will take some time to develop, but there's no doubt all sorts of accessories for civics are currently in development. Patience friend, you have basically the best selling compact. All companies would be dumb to exclude it.

If you don't wanna wait for a double din bezel or wiring harness to be made, somebody posted a DIY of replacing with a head unit and fabricating their own bezel.

I feel you though, I'm waiting on a roof rack to be made.
Do you know if the backup camera that comes with the car will still work after a aftermarket install?

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Do you know if the backup camera that comes with the car will still work after a aftermarket install?
Many head units have backup camera compatibility, however I don't know how it is done for OEM cameras. Perhaps it's connected through the wiring harness, or even USB. My 4100 NEX was had a specific camera input on the head unit. It may or may not, but I'm sure manufactures know you're going to want to use the factory cam. They'll most likely make it so it does work.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3091

I am going to have it installed by a professional at Custom Sounds here in Missouri. I have taken my car up there to get the windows done and they did a great job in the past.

I have the Pioneer 41000 NEX, Metra 95-7812B Faceplate, AXXESS ASWC-1, Metra 70-1731 Harness, Metra 40-HD11 Antenna Adapter.

It will be installed on 7/21/2016. Wish Me and the installers luck! :)

NPCwars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
I am going to have it installed by a professional at Custom Sounds here in Missouri. I have taken my car up there to get the windows done and they did a great job in the past.

I have the Pioneer 41000 NEX, Metra 95-7812B Faceplate, AXXESS ASWC-1, Metra 70-1731 Harness, Metra 40-HD11 Antenna Adapter.

It will be installed on 7/21/2016. Wish Me and the installers luck! :)
Good luck bud, hope things go well. Once you get it installed let us know how well carplay works!

OP
OP

Deleted member 3091

Good luck bud, hope things go well. Once you get it installed let us know how well carplay works!
Well the professionals did a good job getting the radio working correctly including the controls for the up, down, left right and source. The only problem I had trouble with is that the dash kit has to be modified in order to take the face off and put it back on correctly. So the guy at custom sounds is working on doing that for me since I ordered a 2nd dash kit on accident anyways.

Other than that they had to flash the steering wheel controller a few times to get it to start working correctly. Everything works well including Apple car play!

Love it!!!

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic LX Color Audio System Switch For Different Radio ima

NPCwars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Well the professionals did a good job getting the radio working correctly including the controls for the up, down, left right and source. The only problem I had trouble with is that the dash kit has to be modified in order to take the face off and put it back on correctly. So the guy at custom sounds is working on doing that for me since I ordered a 2nd dash kit on accident anyways.

Other than that they had to flash the steering wheel controller a few times to get it to start working correctly. Everything works well including Apple car play!

Love it!!!

image.jpeg
Now that is nice man!
Sponsored