2016 honda civic head unit beeping back to home.

FoxtheoryZ

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
I saw that there were a lot of people with this issue in the past? Has anyone ever got a concrete fix on this issue? I have this problem almost daily now.. I've changed the touch settings and that doesn't seem to help. The software on my Head unit is probably way out of date I'm going to book an appointment to get that updated can anyone confirm that's the fix for it? or can I do that myself without having to go to a dealership?

I see there's also a honda hack that roots the device and allows you to install apps like Waze and Netflix not that I care about having them on the slow HU. but if it corrected that beeping I would do it in a heartbeat. Don't really want to root if it's not going to correct the issue plus it will make it more difficult to sue honda when this annoying error that floods the car with beeping and shuts side and reverse camera off causes me to get into an accident.
Sponsored

Civic Toronto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonata, Civic
Country flag
We have had this problem off and on since 2016 and the dealer has not been able to correct it, they only suggest a full replacement at your costs. I have tried the battery disconnect/reset with no sucess. Changing the screen sensativity to low helps but not perfect. My unit is fully updated at the dealer with the latest software. My reseach and investigations have lead me to the following. Honda decided to use a low reflection mat screen, the problem with this is that mat low gloss screens are very pourus. So fingerprint oils and dirt get impregnated into the mat screen, if you look at the screen from various angle you can see the back button and others are marked with imbedded oil, then when some additional dust or grim is on the screen and the ambient light hits a certain way it thinks your pushing the button. There is no way to clean the screen once it is impreganted all you can do is clean the surface. If you look at the new screens they have moved all of the frequent buttons from the touch screen, which supports my theory. it will get worst over time. So I think its the imbedded oils and if the light hits the screen a certain way it triggers the system and this is made worse by dirt, dust, or oil on the screen surface. Some people have suggested that putting a screen cover over the whole screen or just the back button helps elimate the problem by reducing the screen seeing the finger prints, my guess is that it reduces the light that triggers it. They say you just need to push a bit longer with the protector. You can get 4 different sample types of screen protectors from https://www.photodon.com/p/Sample-Films-BYO.html they are 2X3 inches, and $5, enough to test and just or cover the back key which is the one causing the problem. Also now I try to use my finger tip or nail versus a finger that has oil on it. Good luck, let me know how it goes. This has been the only real problem with my civic other than the in dash nav not showing the right location from time to time. Happy to hear anyones ideas and suggestions on either issues.

OleksB

First Name
Oleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring 2016
Country flag

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I was not able to open 3 out of 4 files. But the one I was able to open said to update the software using the software update tool. So, regardless, they have to take it to the dealer.

Civic Toronto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonata, Civic
Country flag
I tried everything in your 4 steps and they were done at the dealer, with regards to the GPS it did not fix the problem. 75 percent of the time it works great, 25% of the time its a few streets off, seems worst when the GPS starts up but your in a garage and cant find the sat singnal, then when it does it does not correct the position, done resets then and it still stay incorrect for while.

With regards the the screen changing and beeping, its not the problem referred to in your posts as flickering, this is like something is constantly pushing the back button.

OP
OP

FoxtheoryZ

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
I think it's the home key causing the problem, not the back? honda hack lets you rebind keys. if it's the back key I would disable that key and bind back to like the voice on the steering wheel or just use home.

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
If it's a touch screen display and it will beep randomly or very often when it's not supposed to, it will need the display section of the audio unit. We used to do them all the time under warranty.
Sponsored