2016 Honda Civic goes 6.7s 0-60 -- tested by Edmunds (calls Civic a game changer)

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
I think its Awesome a Turbo Civic is close to 2015 Civic Si 6.5sec 0 to 60. But most dealers are selling a 2015 Si for 20k flat to move them. And a 2015 can be Turbocharged to 300whp easy. Turning the 2015 into a 5.0 sec 0 to 60 car. I just dont see the value in a 27k 1.5T civic touring vs a 20k leftover 2015 Si. I feel if I am going to spend 23k on a car its going to be an 2016 Accord Sport 4cyl 6.6 sec 0 to 60. ;)
That's a bit of an apples to oranges comparison. The Touring is way more spec'd out than a 2015 Si. If you're just comparing similarly performing models, you can get a 1.5T turbo CivicX (EX model) for $22k, and that's full retail. Invoice is $20k, just as low as what you say a 2015 Si is selling for now.
Sponsored

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
I have test driven both. And I like both. The turbo is much quicker on acceleration but the 2.0 is so much improved from the 9th generation that I could enjoy that as well.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Monday was my first day at my new job... I work for Rick Case Honda in Davie, FL... with that comes some privileges... one of those is getting to drive all the cars... i literally spent hours driving and learning cars today... i drove the EX-L yesterday quickly but today, i had to try it again and we had a Touring there... so i drove that one for a bit longer and at night too... i couldn't find an LX anywhere... to be more specific, i couldn't find an LX 6MT to drive... so no comparison from me...yet... I'll keep looking tomorrow and i'm sure i'll find one to drive... then i'll report back...

i will say that i was really impressed with the two i drove... i owned an 06 Si Coupe and it actually felt like that one a bit... not the sound at all but the "feel" of it was there... i think the 8th gen Si had similar numbers and with that other thread showing the simulated numbers, this article doesn't seem far off...
Hahah, I had actually been in touch with rick case honda for a few weeks waiting for them to get cars in, I test drove an EX there. Then the sales guy was mentioning this bull shit "market adjustment" on the new civics, and acting like the touring was the hottest thing ever made. I ended up buying a new accord at coral springs honda.

Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBR600RR
About this 2.0L, is it a K20 family or another Honda engine?
I am asking because several friends are thinking to take and make an upgrade to K24 and another best changes.
I posted this in another thread -- The 2.0L is a K20 family engine. It's a modern day K20, but with VTC on both the exhaust and intake cams, and variable lift (VTEC) on the intake side. Compare this to past K series motors which had VTEC on either/both intake and exhaust sides, and only VTC on intake side.

jk147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I think its Awesome a Turbo Civic is close to 2015 Civic Si 6.5sec 0 to 60. But most dealers are selling a 2015 Si for 20k flat to move them. And a 2015 can be Turbocharged to 300whp easy. Turning the 2015 into a 5.0 sec 0 to 60 car. I just dont see the value in a 27k 1.5T civic touring vs a 20k leftover 2015 Si. I feel if I am going to spend 23k on a car its going to be an 2016 Accord Sport 4cyl 6.6 sec 0 to 60. ;)

http://m.caranddriver.com/honda/accord
I mean, if all you care about is straight line speed you should really look at a turbo Stang. Not an accord with very similar 0-60 (which is also impossible to replicate unless you are a pro and abuse the crap out of the tranny.)

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hahah, I had actually been in touch with rick case honda for a few weeks waiting for them to get cars in, I test drove an EX there. Then the sales guy was mentioning this bull shit "market adjustment" on the new civics, and acting like the touring was the hottest thing ever made. I ended up buying a new accord at coral springs honda.
lol... i'm not familiar with what they're selling the Touring for right now since i just started and I don't know numbers like that yet... but its good to know the experience people have... i don't bs people so it sucks we didn't meet first lol... anyways, join the local thread and introduce yourself!! http://www.civicx.com/threads/broward-dade-check-in.769/#post-11770

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cool. Has anyone driven both 1.5t and 2.0 some comparisons would be nice. I drove the 2.0 was impressed. I read a lot about the initial lag in the 1.5t until the car reaches 15 mph then pulls hard? Like off the line feels like a 130 horse car then boom really kicks in or not that bad?
drove the 2.0L today... i gotta say... it drives nothing like the 1.5T... it sort of feels like it has a bit of initial low end power but it seriously suffers in higher RPM and just sounds like it struggles... it doesn't feel much faster than my current 09 LX Sedan... the 1.5T feels close to my 06 Si in power, and i had a freak engine on that car... it just pulls and pushes you into the seat...

the only downside to these cars is the CVT... i don't say that its a poor performer... but Honda didn't give us any sort of manual option at all... if there were paddle shifts or even the gear selector with that silly +/- option, would've made it just a bit more fun... the Touring and EX-L REALLY impressed me with overall feel inside... it felt like quality and not like a Civic...

Last edited:

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
drove the 2.0L today... i gotta say... it drives nothing like the 1.5T... it sort of feels like it has a bit of initial low end power but it seriously suffers in higher RPM and just sounds like it struggles... it doesn't feel much faster than my current 09 LX Sedan... the 1.5T feels close to my 06 Si in power, and i had a freak engine on that car... it just pulls and pushes you into the seat...

the only downside to these cars is the CVT... i don't say that its a poor performer... but Honda didn't give us any sort of manual option at all... if there were paddle shifts or even the gear selector with that silly +/- option, would've made it just a bit more fun... the Touring and EX-L REALLY impressed me with overall feel inside... it felt like quality and not like a Civic...
They gave the car a Sport Mode which make the CVT mimic gear changes so I'm surprised they didn't also allow manual 'gear changes' in Sport Mode with the gear selector at least.

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They gave the car a Sport Mode which make the CVT mimic gear changes so I'm surprised they didn't also allow manual 'gear changes' in Sport Mode with the gear selector at least.
exactly... the CVT feels better than any CVT i've driven before... but it lacks the manual anything and it's just push the gas to go which takes away some fun...

Emina

Threads
Reaction score
Curious any chance they do this for the coupe or did they announce already no changes to transmission for the 2 diff styles?
Sponsored