Evan_ried

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic ext
Country flag
So I recently started modifying my 2016 Honda Civic ext cvt. I have a catless downpipe and midpipe with a short ram intake and hybrid blow off valve. Recently I was driving and gave it throttle and let off to come to a stop and my car stalled I had to shift to park and start the car again it’s happened a few times and I’m trying to figure out what it might be. I was thinking because it’s not tuned and I have an engine code. Or it’s the torque converter. I would really love some feedback thank you
Sponsored

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Just assuming your plugs are fouled from all the extra fuel and when it vents off the air you're stalling out. See if your plugs look burnt instead of a light tan color.

OP
OP
Evan_ried

Evan_ried

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic ext
Country flag
Just assuming your plugs are fouled from all the extra fuel and when it vents off the air you're stalling out. See if your plugs look burnt instead of a light tan color.
Okay thank you would a ktuner v2 fix the fuel to air ratio

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
The only fix is a stand alone ecu to get away from the map based system. Look up some of the reputable tuners recommendations about bov.

OP
OP
Evan_ried

Evan_ried

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic ext
Country flag
The only fix is a stand alone ecu to get away from the map based system. Look up some of the reputable tuners recommendations about bov.
Wouldn’t that effect the air sensor? Like almost lying about how much air is bieng passed through?

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Wouldn’t that effect the air sensor? Like almost lying about how much air is bieng passed through?
The stock recirculating blow off sends the air back to the intake after the maf so essentially you're dumping the air the car thinks it has already pulled in. As I understand it stand alone ecu you don't need the maf but idk I'm not that baller. Lol
A nice intake is a better option for sounds.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I forgot what tuner actually came on here and said that a blow off valve is bad for this car. Our cars have what’s called a bypass valve that doesn’t restrict the car in any way or mess with air ratios or whatever. I would remove the BOV and see if that helps. I highly doubt a downpipe, front pipe, and intake give you enough torque to make your cvt slip. There’s people making more on ktuner base maps for years and their cars are fine. Unless you’ve been beating the crap out of your car then maybe it’s possible you messed something up. Again start with removing the BOV.

OP
OP
Evan_ried

Evan_ried

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic ext
Country flag
I forgot what tuner actually came on here and said that a blow off valve is bad for this car. Our cars have what’s called a bypass valve that doesn’t restrict the car in any way or mess with air ratios or whatever. I would remove the BOV and see if that helps. I highly doubt a downpipe, front pipe, and intake give you enough torque to make your cvt slip. There’s people making more on ktuner base maps for years and their cars are fine. Unless you’ve been beating the crap out of your car then maybe it’s possible you messed something up. Again start with removing the BOV.
Okay thanks man I’ll give that a try
Sponsored