2016 Honda Civic EXL

MacP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL
I had my heart set on a 2016 Honda Civic EXL Modern Steel exterior with gray leather interior. I live about 2 miles away from San Diego, CA and we only have 1 Honda dealer who did not have what i wanted but could order it.

The weekend before Memorial Day my fiancé and I started calling dealers in San Diego, he called north San Diego Area, I called South. We were offering 23,800 OTD, the Escondido dealer literally told him he was WACK! (I wash we had written down his name). We made a few calls that weekend, and by Wednesday Ball Honda called back, offered the exact car I wanted for 24k OTD with the package that includes cargo tray, splash guards, wheel locks and door edge guards. All they asked was to put a $500 deposit. I gave them my information but they never charged my card, i guess they just wanted to be sure i was serious about the purchase.

I picked up the car that memorial weekend. I was in and out in less than an hour since I was pre-approved by my local credit union. They did not try to sell me anything else, only the car as discussed over the phone with the internet sales rep.
Sponsored

16extsense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T with Sensing
Country flag
I spent 3 hours. On a Wednesday. I had been pre-approved, too, but they ran my credit anyway, to verify my identity, they said. I think next time I'll walk away.

OP
OP

MacP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL
Since I didn't walk in with a check (only pre approval letter) the dealer did a soft credit check which doesn't hurt my credit. It was pretty quick.
Sponsored