2016 Honda Civic Coupe Release Coming March 15th @ $19,050

cokeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Hey Guys, I work for a Honda Dealership. i always come to this forum to see what other fans think of the product, i am a fan of Honda so i work for Honda. Decided to make an account when i read that certain sales reps were telling you guys they wont be available till fall.

I spoke to my manager a few minutes ago and confirmed that if we have ordered any yet. usually all dealerships order 3 months ahead of time for the car to be assigned when produced, demand and supply in accordance to color and trim. We ordered and are expecting to receive ours between the end of April or early May. The Initial supply is a smaller number but then over the course of time it grows. Well in the case of Pilot we are still on high demand and low supply because of the immense response from the Public on the redesign.

I am not an official Honda Rep but i work sales so i can pass on information that i get to you guys as it is available if you like, oh and i drive a civic so :)
Bummer ordered mine in Dec first one ordered, do you know if wing comes on turbo coupe???
Sponsored

cokeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Yeah, I really don't get this. First of all, I think all the coupes should have the full-black interior. Isn't that generally considered the "sportier" look? Isn't that precisely why the Civic coupe is the only car in the Honda lineup to have a black headliner? Then they go and give it two-tone seats... meanwhile the sedan gets full black. (Which looks great with the seat stripe, too.) The two-tone is okay... but it should be on the classy Touring model, or as an option, not as the only choice.

Secondly, it's particularly strange for red, when red used to be one of only 3 colors where you could get a black interior. Silver, black, and red coupes got black interiors, and everything else got the ugly bright beige. Now the red gets ivory? I don't get it.

I think in a year, or two years tops - at MMC - the coupe will be offered with full black interior. Shame for now, though.
I ordered Aegean Blue and don't want black interior but I think that's the only interior color for blue.

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
I don't know how anyone can order a car you've never driven but to each his own :)

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
Ordered mine in Dec. first Coupe ordered at largest Mo. Honda dealer who knows when I'll actually get it
Could you haggle when you order it? I'm looking for the EX-T in Aegean blue, hope that's not too hard to come by.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I ordered my aegean blue turbo in Dec. have no idea when I'll get it.
I'll guess it's going to be a long wait. Were you able to get a price for it or just the msrp?

cokeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
I'll guess it's going to be a long wait. Were you able to get a price for it or just the msrp?
The dealer went with the Sedan price and knocked off $1200 from list. I was the first Civic Coupe order at the biggest Honda dealer in Mo. No word yet.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The dealer went with the Sedan price and knocked off $1200 from list. I was the first Civic Coupe order at the biggest Honda dealer in Mo. No word yet.
I'll see if I can do that, I was going to rely on truecar.com and costco t of give me close to invoice price.

cokeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Yeah, I really don't get this. First of all, I think all the coupes should have the full-black interior. Isn't that generally considered the "sportier" look? Isn't that precisely why the Civic coupe is the only car in the Honda lineup to have a black headliner? Then they go and give it two-tone seats... meanwhile the sedan gets full black. (Which looks great with the seat stripe, too.) The two-tone is okay... but it should be on the classy Touring model, or as an option, not as the only choice.

Secondly, it's particularly strange for red, when red used to be one of only 3 colors where you could get a black interior. Silver, black, and red coupes got black interiors, and everything else got the ugly bright beige. Now the red gets ivory? I don't get it.

I think in a year, or two years tops - at MMC - the coupe will be offered with full black interior. Shame for now, though.
Don't like black too hot in St Louis

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
The website has been updated to allow you to build your coupe!!!

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The website has been updated to allow you to build your coupe!!!
Was excited for this this morning. The site is running pretty slow still, and some of the accessories won't load/show up on the car still. But overall it looks great. They made the coupe page more interactive than the sedan (also could be why it's running slow).

yoshi1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 civic coupe ex
I am confused - most places I have seen have said the premium audio was in the EX-T, EX-L AND Touring, and the new site's Models & Specs side by side only lists it under Touring. Then in another spot, it lists it in all again but calls it out only under Touring for where it's standard. Which is it?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am confused - most places I have seen have said the premium audio was in the EX-T, EX-L AND Touring, and the new site's Models & Specs side by side only lists it under Touring. Then in another spot, it lists it in all again but calls it out only under Touring for where it's standard. Which is it?
It's EXT and above for the premium audio. The site is still in need of glitch fixes. The official press release packets and manuals all listed the 10 speaker audio on EXT and above.
Sponsored