2016 Honda Civic Coupe Release Coming March 15th @ $19,050

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Hey Guys, I work for a Honda Dealership. i always come to this forum to see what other fans think of the product, i am a fan of Honda so i work for Honda. Decided to make an account when i read that certain sales reps were telling you guys they wont be available till fall.

I spoke to my manager a few minutes ago and confirmed that if we have ordered any yet. usually all dealerships order 3 months ahead of time for the car to be assigned when produced, demand and supply in accordance to color and trim. We ordered and are expecting to receive ours between the end of April or early May. The Initial supply is a smaller number but then over the course of time it grows. Well in the case of Pilot we are still on high demand and low supply because of the immense response from the Public on the redesign.

I am not an official Honda Rep but i work sales so i can pass on information that i get to you guys as it is available if you like, oh and i drive a civic so :)

That's funny about the ordering thing. Because the manager and salesman near me when the Sedan was out said they had no ordering options in the very beginning of the production run. I think your boss is right about the ones being able to be ordered but I think they are automatically going to send you in some touring and lots of lx versions for march.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I think there may be some truth to that. one dealership contacted me saying they were getting some delivered buy it sound like he didn't know that until I bugged him to research it more

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2015
What i have seen on a usual basis is our lead manager every month orders vehicles, as in type,trim and color. Recently we placed orders for May. So my understanding is every dealership orders what kind of vehicles they need or they expect that the customers will be looking for or are looking for usually. Special orders for a vehicle are different, if there is an incoming unit we usually let the customer know that this vehicle is expected to be built during this time and we are to receive it at this time. In case of special orders like for instance someone wants a Touring Elite Pilot - Black Forest Pearl and there are none in town or being built then we order it and it takes 3 months.

Also at times Honda will randomly send us some cars, here you go, that is what i heard but its not usually the case, but then again this is all i see and observe. Not a manager myself or i would know more haha.

Oh and we just started getting the Civic Sedan HS (apart from the touring) so i don't know when they will make the coupe sensing or when it will be available. Honda would know more than myself on this.

That's funny about the ordering thing. Because the manager and salesman near me when the Sedan was out said they had no ordering options in the very beginning of the production run. I think your boss is right about the ones being able to be ordered but I think they are automatically going to send you in some touring and lots of lx versions for march.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
What i have seen on a usual basis is our lead manager every month orders vehicles, as in type,trim and color. Recently we placed orders for May. So my understanding is every dealership orders what kind of vehicles they need or they expect that the customers will be looking for or are looking for usually. Special orders for a vehicle are different, if there is an incoming unit we usually let the customer know that this vehicle is expected to be built during this time and we are to receive it at this time. In case of special orders like for instance someone wants a Touring Elite Pilot - Black Forest Pearl and there are none in town or being built then we order it and it takes 3 months.

Also at times Honda will randomly send us some cars, here you go, that is what i heard but its not usually the case, but then again this is all i see and observe. Not a manager myself or i would know more haha.

Oh and we just started getting the Civic Sedan HS (apart from the touring) so i don't know when they will make the coupe sensing or when it will be available. Honda would know more than myself on this.
Hope I didn't come off as a d bag ha. But I think things in all our going to change at Honda. That could be the past of how things worked as far as ordering but when they have a new generation model come out it will be a mass production type thing. To get all the kinks out of the system. Like today we are going to make all blue tourings and next day will be all metallic steel ex with all the same options. I told people back when sedan came out that they were going to saturate market with sedans before they bring out coupe. Most people were like no it will be a month or two behind the sedan. Things are changing at Honda for the better. But with that it takes time to get new processes down. Not that these are new employees they are training but new ceo knows that Honda needs to knock everything out of the ball park from now on out. I think this ceo will do it too. He wants to not just be known as reliable slow ass grandma cars but cars for everyone and still keep green image but when Si and type r come out they will throw that out the window for a few months. Okay now I am on a rant ha don't mind me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2015
Hope I didn't come off as a d bag ha. But I think things in all our going to change at Honda. That could be the past of how things worked as far as ordering but when they have a new generation model come out it will be a mass production type thing. To get all the kinks out of the system. Like today we are going to make all blue tourings and next day will be all metallic steel ex with all the same options. I told people back when sedan came out that they were going to saturate market with sedans before they bring out coupe. Most people were like no it will be a month or two behind the sedan. Things are changing at Honda for the better. But with that it takes time to get new processes down. Not that these are new employees they are training but new ceo knows that Honda needs to knock everything out of the ball park from now on out. I think this ceo will do it too. He wants to not just be known as reliable slow ass grandma cars but cars for everyone and still keep green image but when Si and type r come out they will throw that out the window for a few months. Okay now I am on a rant ha don't mind me

Haha not at all, your question was legitimate. We at times have a hard time meeting Pilot Demand, similar scenario with the new Civic, there are always more LX's than the EX T or the EXL. Civic in the mass public or in Hondas mind i assume is more of a more affordable everyday car and they focus on the lower tier trims a lot because that is the one that is sold the most as well. I have noticed another thing; Honda is a conservative company with the product, for instance Ford or any other American manufacturer would develop a Product and flood it in the market; where as Honda would send in 500 Units and then see how the market responds to it, most of the time the response is immense and we are like WE NEED MORE CARS!! haha. i have had customers compromise on a color because they loved the product and the other color would have taken sometime to be available.

Just like all the guys here i am anxious about the SI and honestly more towards the hatchback because i love hatchbacks. My 15 Civic does not get the love anymore like it used to as i cheat on it everyday by sitting in a 1.5T EX. Dat Turbo though!!

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Just like all the guys here i am anxious about the SI and honestly more towards the hatchback because i love hatchbacks. My 15 Civic does not get the love anymore like it used to as i cheat on it everyday by sitting in a 1.5T EX. Dat Turbo though!![/QUOTE]

So I did test drive an EX not the new turbo engine. Sounds like you love it?! Have you driven both and is there any point that the 2.0 is better. The fun thing about my test drive of the EX was the brake hold and then pushing the gas hard and that thing jumped off the line, does the 1.5t feel like that too? I cant wait to try one out.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2015
There is a thing called Turbo Lag, which a lot of people hate because it creates a lag in response of the launch. The Cool thing Honda has done is that the turbine is smaller and before even the exhaust gas is generated to feed the turbo for response, This turbo is computer controlled and it sucks in fresh air immediately to kill turbo lag.

The Horsepower is more 158 vs 174. Not a huge difference but you feel the Torque and you feel the launch to be crispier than the 2.0. I personally think the 2.0 is sufficient, but Turbo always sounds better :) plus the EX-T gives you heated seats, dual climate control and cooler wheels.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Nice. So: $19,050 + $835 destination = $19,885 for LX manual. $800 more = $20,685 for LX automatic.

I'm curious to see what the LX-P adds, as we've never seen this package before.
If I remember right, during the 8th gen run, they introduced an LX-S model in the sedan only later in the product run. It added black cloth seats, sunroof (I think), lip spoiler, EX's rims, and a chrome exhaust finisher on what would otherwise be an LX.

I'm guessing it'll just be a slightly souped up LX - kinda like Honda did for the Accord LX coupe (versus the sedan).

Thanks for the confirmation. She STILL insists I don't know what I'm talking about. And they've now lost a sale.
Let me guess: Wilde Honda in Waukesha? Used to bring my 2013 Si in there for service. Utter ineptitude doesn't begin to cover it. I am so unimpressed with the quality of Honda dealerships in Southwestern Wisconsin compared to the half dozen in the Twin Cities area.

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
David Hobbs Honda was the dealer who insisted the coupe comes out in the fall. Several times lol.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Civic LX-S had black plush microfiber seats. One of the best cloth interiors I have ever seen on a Civic still to date. I owned one and after 3 yrs the interior still looked new. 5 spoke 16" alloys, No sunroof, a rear spoiler lip and chome finisher tip.

If I remember right, during the 8th gen run, they introduced an LX-S model in the sedan only later in the product run. It added black cloth seats, sunroof (I think), lip spoiler, EX's rims, and a chrome exhaust finisher on what would otherwise be an LX.

I'm guessing it'll just be a slightly souped up LX - kinda like Honda did for the Accord LX coupe (versus the sedan).

Let me guess: Wilde Honda in Waukesha? Used to bring my 2013 Si in there for service. Utter ineptitude doesn't begin to cover it. I am so unimpressed with the quality of Honda dealerships in Southwestern Wisconsin compared to the half dozen in the Twin Cities area.

Razer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
This rollout and lack of information has been, and still is, insane. Massively slow and info not given to anyone including dealers.

I was waiting on an Si and was so ready to purchase one, for months and months I have waited. I still know nothing besides it apparently does not exist and will not be out in the next six months anyway. Honda has lost me altogether at this point and I will not be getting a Civic at all. I still read the news here and keep up and such, but I'm off researching other options now. No Honda for me it appears!

farmboy11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Accord Sport
I'm probably an outlier, but I wish there was an option NOT to get the moonroof on the higher trim levels.

Reactions: jks

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
Curious what you don't like about a moonroof. Preferences are subjective of course but I don't think I've ever heard anyone not want one :)

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Curious what you don't like about a moonroof. Preferences are subjective of course but I don't think I've ever heard anyone not want one :)
I'm curious too. I love having it! Although, it makes for a challenge when I have to wear a helmet in the car. I basically have to compress my torso and tilt my head to the side.