LennyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic EX Coupe, '04 Mazdaspeed Miata
Does anyone know if the coupe seats will continue to be "sport" seats?-- that is, have greater bolstering than the sedan's, making narrower flat surfaces and a more secure, comfortable perch (at least for me). I'm currently driving a '12 EX coupe for that reason. Love the driver's seat.
Sponsored

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Does anyone know if the coupe seats will continue to be "sport" seats?-- that is, have greater bolstering than the sedan's, making narrower flat surfaces and a more secure, comfortable perch (at least for me). I'm currently driving a '12 EX coupe for that reason. Love the driver's seat.
In photos the coupe and sedan look like they have the same seats.

Coupe

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic COUPE Preview Event - CivicX Live Coverage {filename}

Sedan

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic COUPE Preview Event - CivicX Live Coverage Honda-Civic_Sedan_2016_1024x768_wallpaper_56

LennyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I noticed that. But the coupes on display are pre-production vehicles and may just be using sedans seats.

JF2KPNSX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HONDA CIVIC FD2
Country flag
Only Si and Type R will get the different seats style. Normal Sedan,Hatch and Coupe will get the same design of seats

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Can someone explain why the blue sedan has dark seats and the blue coupe has light gray interior?

thomasok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Black Honda Accord EX-L, 2003 Blue Honda Accord EX-L
They often go with different interior colors on the coupes. On the Accord Sedan they most often pair the blue with a grey interior while the Coupe is usually black inside. It is interesting that it is the other way around on the Civic.

That could also change when it goes into production. They might just have wanted to show off the two-tone seats for the release.

Last edited:

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Only Si and Type R will get the different seats style. Normal Sedan,Hatch and Coupe will get the same design of seats
Agreed. This is how it has been in the past.

LennyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

That is not correct. I have a '12 EX coupe, and the seats have significantly different bolstering than the sedan. You can see it visually, as the bolstering goes up the seat back much further in the coupe than the sedan. I find the coupe seats much more comfortable.

Thanks for the response about the coupe seats, @JF2KPNSX. What is the basis of your information? Is it possible that the coupe seats will be different in North America than in other parts of the world, say Asia?

Last edited:

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Oh word! Ok cool. I was thinking back to the 99-00 days... I think seat manufacturing went in-house for 06+ right?

JF2KPNSX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HONDA CIVIC FD2
Country flag

That is not correct. I have a '12 EX coupe, and the seats have significantly different bolstering than the sedan. You can see it visually, as the bolstering goes up the seat back much further in the coupe than the sedan. I find the coupe seats much more comfortable.

Thanks for the response about the coupe seats, @JF2KPNSX. What is the basis of your information? Is it possible that the coupe seats will be different in North America than in other parts of the world, say Asia?
Hi Lenny, sorry for lately reply. I'm not sure if coupe will be sold in Asia, have to check again. Btw seats for general coupe should as same as general sedan.

GearGrind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 WRX 6mt ISM, 13 BRZ (Vortech S/C) 6mt
Great to see how "flush" the wheels are relation to the fender lines for a Japanese car, especially not even with the 17", Si or higher trims. I always dislike how sunken in my old Si was. It will sell!

Viet_Racer

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic EM1
Country flag
Great to see how "flush" the wheels are relation to the fender lines for a Japanese car, especially not even with the 17", Si or higher trims. I always dislike how sunken in my old Si was. It will sell!
Yup, the 2016 Civic's ride height and wheel position is great. Doesn't ride too high from the factory and not too much wheel tuck.

Great looking car out of the box.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic COUPE Preview Event - CivicX Live Coverage Honda-Civic_Sedan_2016_1024x768_wallpaper_56

thomasok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Black Honda Accord EX-L, 2003 Blue Honda Accord EX-L
One question: The Q&A text says the trunk is slightly larger than the sedan trunk but in the video they state that it is approximately the same size as the previous coupe. There is quite a bit of difference in those two figures. Not to mention the magic that would seem to be involved in keeping the sedan wheelbase, increasing rear legroom about 5" and chopping 5.5" off the rear overhang yet having a trunk larger than the sedan. Any clarification on this?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im glad they made the wrap around taillights because this is the direction all car lights will go into the future. Here's my gripe with it:

1. Its not bright enough. The whole point of wrap around lights is to accentuate a cars silhouette for easy recognition.

2. Its only available on the coupe. If im getting a civic, its not going to be a coupe. The taillights on the hatch back looks awesome! but it doesn't wrap around the entire vehicle, ruined the whole car for me even though im probably going to get it anyways.

Lastly, I really dislike the white DRL's. They should be amber. Amber is a the color used for "caution", not white. The Kia Cadenza has amber DRLs and they look sick!

Im willing to shell out an extra 1-2k for wrap around taillights. They are more important than any electronic safety feature.

Heres what the rear end on the Hatch should look like(ignore the bad PS):
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic COUPE Preview Event - CivicX Live Coverage qw457xh

A few things about your post...

I drive a civic coupe, i agree, the lights should be a bit brighter. They fade towards the center and unless it's totally dark you can't really tell they're full width. I also agree it's a design they shouldve done on hatch and sedan, but honda might be reserving it for it's coupe models (the NSX also has full width, and the next accord coupe might too).

Secondly, i think you're confusing DRL with parking lights. Parking lights are amber. DRLs are meant to increase visibility of oncoming cars in the daytime and are usually the highbeams (at a lower brightness) or LED accent lights (Like on the civic and almost any new car these days). The lights you're referring to on the Cadenza are the parking/side marker lights. The civic has those, theyre on the sides of the front bumper near the wheel wells.
Sponsored