RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was at my Honda dealership today to look at the new civics they got in. The employee I talked to said that they had ordered a couple of coupes already and that they were supposed to be there in December. So now I am confused as to when the coupe will be released. I know the article said it wasn't until March so I'm not sure how my dealership could be getting them in December. The guy I talked to was pretty new and didn't completely know his stuff (he said the EX-L was offered with a non-turbo engine! lol). But, March is a long way off so I can hardly see it taking that long, especially with the sedan being out already. Also, the sedan only took two months from reveal to release whereas, if the coupe were released in March, it would be four months from reveal to release. That's a big time difference! What do you guys think? Will we see the new coupes in dealerships by the end of the year?
According to the admin on here they didn't even specify march, just "first quarter of 2016" which is anytime from january to march.
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
The Sedan was about two months from unveil to For sale, as was the all-new Honda Pilot. I'll bet this coupe will follow a similar time line.

OP
OP
administrator

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
We asked for clarification today on the "first quarter 2016" statement and Honda confirmed that it is indeed going to be March. As it turned out, their press release offered more specificity than the reps were providing to the media attendees.

Forgot to mention this earlier, thanks for bringing it up.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
We asked for clarification today on the "first quarter 2016" statement and Honda confirmed that it is indeed going to be March. As it turned out, their press release offered more specificity than the reps were providing to the media attendees.

Forgot to mention this earlier, thanks for bringing it up.
I read March somewhere on here this morning or last night.

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
I wish they had shortened the rear end on the sedan like they did on the coupe. I could live with 3" less rear overhang on my Touring.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
It will be interesting to see what they do with the hatchback.
I'll guess it will be pretty close to the renders on here.
Can someone photoshop one of the renders on here to look like a normal hatch?!! Hah

shephrd

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Q: Should we expect both Si coupe and sedan?
A: They are working on multiple Si variants is as specific as they could get.
Just to push my luck a little bit, could "multiple Si variants" possibly mean more than two (as in an additional 5-door hatch Si variant)? :hmm:

PirelliPZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJ6, CBR
Small detail, but I really like how the contrasting insert on the door continues into the rear side panels.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic COUPE Preview Event - CivicX Live Coverage {filename}
Sponsored