hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Country flag
If they allow people inside of the car, I'd love pictures and impressions of what it's like comfort-wise in the rear seats (particularly for taller people). Thanks!
http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2016-honda-civic-coupe-official-photos-and-info-news

"While the rear seat is smaller than the four-door’s, it is more spacious than expected—this five-foot, ten-inch writer sat in back and fit just fine, although the rear-window glass did come quite close to his noggin. Furthermore, the seat cushion and seatback angle can both be characterized as quite natural and comfortable."

Edit Report

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
This coupe would have definitely benefited from a proper hatch opening.
That would make this a hatchback then wouldn't it? If you look at the walkaround video and pics you can see where the trunk line goes in towards the bottom of the glass.

Just gonna be a regular trunk unfortunately.

Last edited:

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It definitely would that would make this a hatchback then wouldn't it? If you look at the walkaround video and pics you can see where the trunk line goes in towards the bottom of the glass.

Just gonna be a regular trunk unfortunately.
Yes, it's a traditional trunk opening. Though i do agree with many people here that if it had had a true fastback hatch (scion tC, mitsu eclipse) style would have been nice for loading things in, but i also know that doing those fast back openings add weight because of the added reinforcement needed and hardware to lift the whole back end.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
In the past, all the coupes have been built in canada since they're lower volume one plant can cover canada and the US.
Ahh. Makes sense. Now that I think of it, my 93, 95, and 99 coupes have been Canada VIN's.
So by this, we should be able to get somebody on the inside in Canada to let us know when they switch over...
Then again, with the style of assembly line Honda uses, I believe they can switch as demand requires in very little time - like hours apart. I think.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you ask if the coupe is more rigid or same as the sedan? Thanks.
I second this question, is the coupe itself more rigid as well as the suspension being more sport tuned? (i believe motortrend article stated that yes, it is more tightly tuned and rigid than the sedan)

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Country flag
Here is some additional information from the vtec forum.

• The Coupe will be lighter and stiffer than the sedan. We were not given exact figures but we heard it's somewhere around 50lbs lighter than the sedan.
  • The suspension is tuned to be sportier, for the Coupe's more youthful audience
  • Interior roofliner is black for a sportier feel
  • Trunk is actually slightly larger than the sedan. 60/40 split rear setbacks
  • Trim levels range from LX on up to Touring, just like the sedan. There will be some slightly different equipment mixes within the trims (compared to the sedan).

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Could you ask what interior colors will be offered in leather? And for which exterior colors (if related).
Also ask what exactly does "LED overhead lighting" include?

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
It definitely would that would make this a hatchback then wouldn't it?...

Not necessarily. My RSX is a coupe and the back hinges from the top of the rear glass so it can swallow all sorts of stuff easily. A coupe has 2 side doors and the roofline/rear window slopes downward toward the back. A hatch has 2 or 4 side doors, a long flat roof and the rear window is nearly vertical.

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
Not necessarily. My RSX is a coupe and the back hinges from the top of the rear glass so it can swallow all sorts of stuff easily. A coupe has 2 side doors and the roofline/rear window slopes downward toward the back. A hatch has 2 or 4 side doors, a long flat roof and the rear window is nearly vertical.
That makes sense. I always thought hatch back meant it included the whole rear like on the RSX or Mitsubishi Eclipse.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
That makes sense. I always thought hatch back meant it included the whole rear like on the RSX or Mitsubishi Eclipse.
I'm in for a clearer definition. Funny how I never thought of the Integra as a hatchback... just coupe or sedan. I guess since the trunk was open to the cabin that made it a hatch back?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Car classifications are muddled... look at the germans calling all those sedans "coupes" just because of the sloped back end... Here's how i do it...

Sedan - any 4 door car with a trunk
Coupe - any 2 door car with a trunk
Hatchback - any 3 or 5 door car with a traditional hatch
Lift/Sport Back - any 2 or 4 door car that looks like it has a trunk but the back window raises up too (rsx, eclipse, tC, etc)

Cars that fall outside of this are deemed mutants. These include but are not limited to the hyundai veloster (a four door hatch?) the Mazda RX8/Saturn ion coupe (coupes with half size back doors!?)

JAG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Civic, 2006 Civic
I was at my Honda dealership today to look at the new civics they got in. The employee I talked to said that they had ordered a couple of coupes already and that they were supposed to be there in December. So now I am confused as to when the coupe will be released. I know the article said it wasn't until March so I'm not sure how my dealership could be getting them in December. The guy I talked to was pretty new and didn't completely know his stuff (he said the EX-L was offered with a non-turbo engine! lol). But, March is a long way off so I can hardly see it taking that long, especially with the sedan being out already. Also, the sedan only took two months from reveal to release whereas, if the coupe were released in March, it would be four months from reveal to release. That's a big time difference! What do you guys think? Will we see the new coupes in dealerships by the end of the year?
Sponsored