Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Now that the 2016 Civic Sedan has been revealed in full and production underway, our attention turns to the Coupe model.

2015 LA Auto Show
The next major auto show to take place will be the LA Auto Show on Nov 17. However, according to the show's press conference schedule Honda will not be holding a press conference at the show, which all but rules out the possibility of a 2016 Civic Coupe debut at the show.

2016 SEMA Show
But, the 2015 SEMA show starts in Las Vegas in just under 2 weeks (on Nov 3) and Honda has in the past used the show to reveal the Coupe and Si, so we certainly have our fingers crossed for a repeat.

We'll be attending both shows, so if the Coupe was to be introduced, you can be sure to see it on CivicX first!

Let's hope for this kind of excitement at SEMA :)

Sponsored

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fingers and toes crossed. I wanna see the coupe in all it's glory! Really hoping the SEMA show is the reveal, even if they don't use it for the Si variants, at least show us the coupe. I mean, with an expected on sale date for the coupe being December/January they need to hurry up and get on it. The Si still has some time since it's not expected until Spring.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
I hope it makes its appearance. I am so happy for a car it's weird. What have you done to me honda. Ha. I would guess that they will show an Si coupe or sedan at that show because of all the attention going towards ford chevy and dodge sports cars they want to probably show how nice a fwd sports car can look just an opinion

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hope it makes its appearance. I am so happy for a car it's weird. What have you done to me honda. Ha. I would guess that they will show an Si coupe or sedan at that show because of all the attention going towards ford chevy and dodge sports cars they want to probably show how nice a fwd sports car can look just an opinion
The last time i was this excited for a car and followed it so closely from day one was the 8th gen civic which was my first new car in high school. Every spy shot, every article, every tidbit of info i took to heart and obsessed over. The 9th gen was practically a ghost to me (though i've had 2 of them). But this 10th gen has been all i can think or talk about for months since pics and info started leaking.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
The last time i was this excited for a car and followed it so closely from day one was the 8th gen civic which was my first new car in high school. Every spy shot, every article, every tidbit of info i took to heart and obsessed over. The 9th gen was practically a ghost to me (though i've had 2 of them). But this 10th gen has been all i can think or talk about for months since pics and info started leaking.
The only car I followed this closely and it wasn't even during launch but just when I was getting ready to buy one was my 2011 mazdaspeed 3. I'd still have it if I didn't mod the crap out of it since it was my daily driver.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Ha me too! I never owned a honda so this is definitely going to be a treat I always was a gm guy. And now I had my g6 for 7 plus years it is time for some real quality. I think only two brands I will ever own again toyota or honda but coupes. So right now it's all honda. CANT WAIT! Although I am thinking like June July when things calm down.

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
Ha me too! I never owned a honda so this is definitely going to be a treat I always was a gm guy. And now I had my g6 for 7 plus years it is time for some real quality. I think only two brands I will ever own again toyota or honda but coupes. So right now it's all honda. CANT WAIT! Although I am thinking like June July when things calm down.
Good move but stick with Honda. Toyotas are soul-less rental fleet appliances :)

ZAMROAINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Honda CRX
I'm not sure if this is the correct thread for the post, but do you think the Civic Si will some how affect the Type R or vice versa in terms of the HP and Torque?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not sure if this is the correct thread for the post, but do you think the Civic Si will some how affect the Type R or vice versa in terms of the HP and Torque?
I think, more so, the base civic power bumps will affect the Si... with the 1.5T having 174 horses and doing 0-60 in 6.8 seconds it means that the Si won't be able to get away with 200 horses... it'll have to get at least a 20 hp bump, if not 30 to match the bump the 1.5T has over the old 1.8. 230 horses is still a fair amount off from the 300+hp of the CTR, so we probably won't see any huge gains over the current one in terms of sheer power numbers.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lets hope for 250hp with the lighter body and 18" wheels under 20lbs each.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda and their vague release dates and secretive reveals is starting to seriously bug me... the sedan is already shown and on it's way... what more could the coupe offer over the sedan that hasn't already been seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.