takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
Great looking shape. Interior has me even more impressed than the outside. Looks like a top of the line touring model with the leather and other premium touches. We're getting close boys..
Wouldn't the Touring include the LED headlights and 1.5T? This coupe appears to be somewhere between LX-EX. I am surprised to see leather with the 2.0 engine, maybe just a test car that doesn't represent any actual trim level
Sponsored

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great looking shape. Interior has me even more impressed than the outside. Looks like a top of the line touring model with the leather and other premium touches. We're getting close boys..
The top of the line touring model will have LED headlights. This one has halogens. It's more likely the EX-L.

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
How do you people know there will be a touring model?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is odd that this has leather and the 2.0L.... Given that the trim level breakdown for the sedan shows the 2.0 being standard on the LX and the lower option of the EX and the 1.5T being standard from there up.

This is definitely an EXL given the leather interior and the halogen projectors instead of the LED units, but that single exhaust means 2.0L. As someone mentioned, it could just be for test purposes and this might not represent one trim specifically but a mixture of them for testing only.

It's assumed the Coupe will get a touring model since the sedan is getting one, the accord coupe has a touring model now, so it should be believed the civic coupe will get one as well.

In terms of the touch screen, if you look at the super close up shot of the screen above you can see the difference between the actual screen (dark gray) and the haptic touch area (solid black) on the side closest to the driver, this is where the volume and home buttons are located and the back lights shut off when not in use. So it shouldn't be seen as one giant solid screen, the screen is within a black boarder, meaning that we are looking at the infotainment screen honda uses currently. It just looks larger because of the black surround where the haptic buttons are located, but the actual screen itself is the 7 inch unit.

Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBR600RR
It is odd that this has leather and the 2.0L.... Given that the trim level breakdown for the sedan shows the 2.0 being standard on the LX and the lower option of the EX and the 1.5T being standard from there up.

This is definitely an EXL given the leather interior and the halogen projectors instead of the LED units, but that single exhaust means 2.0L. As someone mentioned, it could just be for test purposes and this might not represent one trim specifically but a mixture of them for testing only.

It's assumed the Coupe will get a touring model since the sedan is getting one, the accord coupe has a touring model now, so it should be believed the civic coupe will get one as well.

In terms of the touch screen, if you look at the super close up shot of the screen above you can see the difference between the actual screen (dark gray) and the haptic touch area (solid black) on the side closest to the driver, this is where the volume and home buttons are located and the back lights shut off when not in use. So it shouldn't be seen as one giant solid screen, the screen is within a black boarder, meaning that we are looking at the infotainment screen honda uses currently. It just looks larger because of the black surround where the haptic buttons are located, but the actual screen itself is the 7 inch unit.
Great breakdown. I didn't notice most of this stuff myself. Wish it were a larger 8 inch screen but hopefully it's a faster, more sensitive and upgraded unit overall even if the screen size is the same. Maybe resolution will get bumped?

Emina

Threads
Reaction score
Funny observation - the measuring tape on the screen. Intentionally placed so people know how wide it is? I bet these photos are staged or at least they willingly let them film it.

Reactions: Ken

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just noticed something looking at the pics again. These are 2 different cars shown. 2 different trim levels. The one where you can see the exhaust is an EX. The one where the interior is seen is an EXL but you never see its exhaust. That explains the confusion over the exhaust pipes and trim levels. I noticed it after I saw that the wheels on the cars were different.

EmperorHondus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Accord, 2002 Mazda Protege
I hope the Si will still come standard with a limited-slip differential. I can't recall having read anything about that. LED headlights would also be welcome.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
I hope the Si will still come standard with a limited-slip differential. I can't recall having read anything about that. LED headlights would also be welcome.
Omitting the LSD and/or going with the 1.5T in the Si would be some serious back peddling on Honda's part. The Si has had LSD and a seriously stout, boost-loving K motor for a while now.

Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBR600RR
Omitting the LSD and/or going with the 1.5T in the Si would be some serious back peddling on Honda's part. The Si has had LSD and a seriously stout, boost-loving K motor for a while now.
+1. Only reason why it won't (which would suck btw) is that they're trying to put as much space between the Si and next Type R as possible. I really hope that the Type R coming to the US doesn't somehow nerf the Si.

EmperorHondus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Accord, 2002 Mazda Protege
+1. Only reason why it won't (which would suck btw) is that they're trying to put as much space between the Si and next Type R as possible. I really hope that the Type R coming to the US doesn't somehow nerf the Si.
The Si should hit the sweet spot. Even the outgoing model, while described as "slow" by Honda bashers, has more than enough to help one lose their license. I'd be happy with 220hp and a healthy amount of torque. You know, like the GTI, minus the repeat visits to the service department.

Type-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Fit Sport
Looks a little like an electric car with the air intakes all still taped up like that. Hope they're nice and aggressive underneath like on the green concept car.

I noticed halogen lights... will LED lights be a possible option or standard on the EX-L?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks a little like an electric car with the air intakes all still taped up like that. Hope they're nice and aggressive underneath like on the green concept car.

I noticed halogen lights... will LED lights be a possible option or standard on the EX-L?

Most likely the LED lights will be standard only on the Touring model. They might have a lighting package available for lower trims, but knowing honda i wouldn't count on it. I want an EX and depending on cost i'll either buy the LED housings online and swap them out myself or if i don't mind the look of the projectors i'll buy bulbs that will match the LED accent lights more closely (if they don't already match well enough).
Sponsored