Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
We've just caught the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe up close for the first time!

Although much of the exterior remains camouflaged, we get a close look at the new roofline which carries down to a wider, lower, sportier and more aggressive look.

The interior is all-new -- showing vastly improved interior quality including aluminum accent pieces, leather stitching on the steering wheel and door panels, multi-color seats and contrast stitching on the seats. More luxury amenities including a large 8" wide nav screen (even bigger if measured diagonally), lane departure warning and forward collision alert.

The 2016 Civic coupe is expected to arrive in early 2016.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Interior and Exterior Up-Close! Civic Exposed_001
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Interior and Exterior Up-Close! Civic Exposed_002
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Interior and Exterior Up-Close! Civic Exposed_003
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Interior and Exterior Up-Close! Civic Exposed_004
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Interior and Exterior Up-Close! Civic Exposed_005
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Interior and Exterior Up-Close! Civic Exposed_006
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Interior and Exterior Up-Close! Civic Exposed_007
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Interior and Exterior Up-Close! Civic Exposed_008
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Interior and Exterior Up-Close! Civic Exposed_009
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Interior and Exterior Up-Close! Civic Exposed_010
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Interior and Exterior Up-Close! Civic Exposed_011
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Interior and Exterior Up-Close! Civic Exposed_012
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Interior and Exterior Up-Close! Civic Exposed_013
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Interior and Exterior Up-Close! Civic Exposed_014
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Interior and Exterior Up-Close! Civic Exposed_015

Last edited:

nade shot

Threads
Reaction score
Loving the shape of the coupe! Also really liking the two tone seats. Now come on and drop the camo!

Arjun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic/Durango
Interior looks quite nice but seems like like they did some tweaking the exterior image of the car..

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Nice big screen. Interior looks like it could be very nice quality and look.

What is that panel looking thing on the roof in the photo from the back?

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Maybe it's the camo, but the back looks too small compared to the rest of the car. Haven't noticed that before.

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
I don't see a fan speed control in the buttons under the screen. Are they moving that control to touch-only? That will bring ire from the auto journalists.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking great so far. Glad to see more spy shots of the coupe finally. The interior looks even nicer here than in the previous sedan shots. Like the 2 tone seats, i wonder if the gray/ivory fabric seats will get the 2 tone treatment or if it'll be leather only feature.

The back end does look pinched, the trunk is alot narrower than the front of the car, but i think it's an optical illusion because of the taillight spoiler and the height of the trunk lid which bulges up at the top instead of being flat across the rear panels like the current car. No doubt a wing spoiler would look better.

Can't help but draw some comparisons to another of my favorite cars in general shape (and i'm quite pleased about that).

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Interior and Exterior Up-Close! Civic Exposed_015

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Interior and Exterior Up-Close! Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 1.14.40 PM

Emina

Threads
Reaction score
fr4
Maybe it's the camo, but the back looks too small compared to the rest of the car. Haven't noticed that before.
Yea it looks pinched, is it missing the boomerang lights or just a lack of spoiler that's doing it? Can't figure it out.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Looking great so far. Glad to see more spy shots of the coupe finally. The interior looks even nicer here than in the previous sedan shots. Like the 2 tone seats, i wonder if the gray/ivory fabric seats will get the 2 tone treatment or if it'll be leather only feature.

The back end does look pinched, the trunk is alot narrower than the front of the car, but i think it's an optical illusion because of the taillight spoiler and the height of the trunk lid which bulges up at the top instead of being flat across the rear panels like the current car. No doubt a wing spoiler would look better.

Can't help but draw some comparisons to another of my favorite cars in general shape (and i'm quite pleased about that).
Are you sure that's leather? I thought it was fabric, since it's textured. I hope the leather is smooth.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you sure that's leather? I thought it was fabric, since it's textured. I hope the leather is smooth.

That's leather, this is an EXL trim. The leather is perforated. If you look at the interior shots of the sedan you can tell the leather in places is perforated and not totally smooth. Possibly for ventilated front seats in the Touring???

s2ker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000
Already way better looking than the current model even with all that camo! I have hope the coupe is not too far away. At least this mule does not have the ILX grille.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Already way better looking than the current model even with all that camo! I have hope the coupe is not too far away. At least this mule does not have the ILX grille.

That's because this isn't necessarily a mule. It's a production version car. The coupe is only a few months later than the sedan which is coming out this october. The only reason the hatch has the ILX mule body is because it's still a year out and in early development. Honda has already finished, approved and started building the sedan and coupe to go on sale soon.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
That's leather, this is an EXL trim. The leather is perforated. If you look at the interior shots of the sedan you can tell the leather in places is perforated and not totally smooth. Possibly for ventilated front seats in the Touring???
Ah well, crap. It just looks exactly like the textured fabric in a friend's older Maxima. And the Accord's leather is smooth, which looks more expensive and is easier to clean.

EmperorHondus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Accord, 2002 Mazda Protege
I hope those metallic-looking pieces of trim are actually metal, not painted plastic. As for the Si models, I'd be grateful if they didn't have those i-VTEC stickers adorning the sides.

martyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boring Accord family hauler
Great looking shape. Interior has me even more impressed than the outside. Looks like a top of the line touring model with the leather and other premium touches. We're getting close boys..

I hope those metallic-looking pieces of trim are actually metal, not painted plastic. As for the Si models, I'd be grateful if they didn't have those i-VTEC stickers adorning the sides.
Sponsored