HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think I will wait until March to May of 2017 before I dive in to buy a new Civic. I really want to see and test drive a Type R. Or a 2017 Accord.. haha ;)
Sponsored

manhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas
image.png

Imo. The 20" wheels on the concept make it more appealing to me. But it looks very similar in every way. Just need more angle shots
Yea this shows it follows the concept closely. Not all the aero bits but slap larger wheels and a spoiler (and clean the damn car up) itll look mean. Gotta reserve judgment before the LA show IMO.

froidpython

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic Si
I don't know how anyone calls this hideous. Yea the rear looks a bit bulbous in these pics but they're also blurry. Once we see it under showlights and can see all the lines and creases I'm sure it'll look better than here. And I think it already looks pretty good here. For me it's the color that's unattractive here. I want to see this in red, which would look great with the wraparound tail lights slightly tinted.
The concept pictures look nice but the real one does not look good. At least in those pictures but it could be that the pictures are blurry and it's covered up and the color doesn't help, nor the rims.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6

Revver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Subaru Legacy SE Sedan
The bumpers on the concept were always just concept in nature. Nobody expects even the Si to have bumpers that aggressive. The Si will probably have enlarged and sportier versions of the standard model bumper, something like these.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/our-2016-honda-civic-si-coupe-preview-render-images.248/
I don't think the Si necessarily needs more aggressive bumpers just ones that are sleeker and less bulgy. The new Civic has some really sharp lines and creases even in sedan form. It's not a rounded soft mound like the previous generation. That is what is so off putting of the bulging bumper on the coupe, it does not flow with the rest of the car. I agree we should wait until the auto show to really decide how it looks but so far a little afraid that the spy photos are accurate.

Brett Bynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
We just caught our first undisguised look at the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe!

Out testing ahead of its LA Auto Show debut next week, the 2016 Civic Coupe prototype wears the same electric lime-green exterior color as the Civic Coupe concept vehicle unveiled earlier this year at the New York Auto Show.

As expected, the production 2016 Civic Coupe has more toned down exterior and remains faithful to the patent filing sketches we showed you earlier this year, including its distinctive wraparound tail lights.

Stay tuned as we bring you LIVE coverage of the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe global debut in less than one week!

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Caught Undisguised! {filename}
This looks pretty sharp. I love it! Especially the original concept green. Things spotted though: 1. Looks like it's riding on the sedan EX-Turbo wheels, so will the coupe have the same trims as the sedan? 2. Wondering why the spoiler seen on the silver wrapped spy shot from Thailand isn't on this one, again raising the question of similar trims as the sedan. 3. In the Thailand photo, it didn't look like the boomerang taillight was included, unless that was a sedan prototype, but if not, are we sure that the coupe will get them?

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
This looks pretty sharp. I love it! Especially the original concept green. Things spotted though: 1. Looks like it's riding on the sedan EX-Turbo wheels, so will the coupe have the same trims as the sedan? 2. Wondering why the spoiler seen on the silver wrapped spy shot from Thailand isn't on this one, again raising the question of similar trims as the sedan. 3. In the Thailand photo, it didn't look like the boomerang taillight was included, unless that was a sedan prototype, but if not, are we sure that the coupe will get them?
The silver camouflaged prototype spotted in Thailand was a sedan, not coupe.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6

The good thing is we should know all that at five o clock today! I truly hope that the Coupe has different rims that the sedan.. Its a coupe should be sportier looking. For 2016 the accord coupe finally has nice rims making it look so much sportier.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
Thailand, ASEAN, China, Japan, all those regions have always received slightly different content and accessories. Heck, now that I think about, every region gets slightly different stuff.

For us US and Canadia people, we should disregard what we see on overseas vehicles. It rarely makes it here.
Sponsored