firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
This may not even be the 100% finished product. Looking at both pictures the major difference is the front bumper area and rear bumper area. Swap them out and have a better profile.
Sponsored

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This may not even be the 100% finished product. Looking at both pictures the major difference is the front bumper area and rear bumper area. Swap them out and have a better profile.
Idk... undisguised prototype testing... looks exactly like the patent images we saw earlier. i'd say this is 100% what we're getting, they just aren't flattering shots/color/lighting/angles

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Idk... undisguised prototype testing... looks exactly like the patent images we saw earlier. i'd say this is 100% what we're getting, they just aren't flattering shots/color/lighting/angles
Yup agreed. Plus we're 6 days from its debut. Development is basically done.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Yea we will know next week for sure. Surprised about rims, thought they would be different then sedan. Yeah the color is definitely not flattering

nade shot

Threads
Reaction score
Remember the leaked sedan pics of the Car and Driver test car the day before the debut? A lot of people kind of freaked out since the car looked so dingy in the pics. Seeing it under the showroom lights, cleaned up and presented the way it should be, was a huge relief. I think the coupe will prove the same when we see it at the LA show. Only thing I would say is we have already seen basically that same green color in good quality pics and I still didn't like it. It'll look even worse on the regular coupe too.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Though I'd never buy the color on the concept, it was kind of cool. But the green on this one makes me want to vomit. I can't see anyone actually buying it.
Nissan has a color called Midnight Jade for the Rogue, and I've never actually seen one with it. The dealer told me they've seen one. And it's nicer looking than this Civic's color.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Well if the EXT isn't exactly what I am after I think the SI will be.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I've always liked the regular Civic coupe as sort of a poor man's GT car and this one should be no different. They tend to have better equipment compared to the sedans at a certain trim level and they also have grab handles on the doors unlike the sedans. The fact that the third brake light is mounted on the trunk usually means a subwoofer is more readily available across the lineup as well.

Regi_Derrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Country flag
I like it, though like most of you, I was hoping the Civic Coupe would have its own unique alloy wheels. I'm not in the market for the coupe anyway, I want an SI sedan (or hatchback possibly.) But its nice to see something else outside of just he Civic Sedan.

9thgenidiot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Civic LX 2DR
Kinda disappointed to be honest.. much of the aggressiveness is gone that I liked about the concept. I think it's mainly just the front and rear bumpers that were rounded off instead of being given the 'sharp' look as seen in the concept. But because of the roundness, the side profile is too similar to the 9th gen now. Ugh.

What's noticeably different from the concept:

- Front bumper, more rounded
- Rear bumper, more rounded
- Side mirrors
- Chrome trim instead of black

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
Kinda disappointed to be honest.. much of the aggressiveness is gone that I liked about the concept. I think it's mainly just the front and rear bumpers that were rounded off instead of being given the 'sharp' look as seen in the concept. But because of the roundness, the side profile is too similar to the 9th gen now. Ugh.

- Side mirrors
Everyone's kinda thinking the concept was actually an Si. Which means we should expect to see the same sharp coupe when the Si appears.

I agree that the bumpers are ruining the look, it's like they were raised up from the ground/thinned out, hopefully a set of lower lips on the front and rear would fix that. And you should be able to either swap in an Si front grill, paint the chrome or the aftermarket will hopefully give you options.

iamjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX

- Side mirrors
The bumpers on the concept were always just concept in nature. Nobody expects even the Si to have bumpers that aggressive. The Si will probably have enlarged and sportier versions of the standard model bumper, something like these.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/our-2016-honda-civic-si-coupe-preview-render-images.248/

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Caught Undisguised! {filename}

Golf6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK6 Golf
That looks hideous.
I don't know how anyone calls this hideous. Yea the rear looks a bit bulbous in these pics but they're also blurry. Once we see it under showlights and can see all the lines and creases I'm sure it'll look better than here. And I think it already looks pretty good here. For me it's the color that's unattractive here. I want to see this in red, which would look great with the wraparound tail lights slightly tinted.
Sponsored