Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
- all the spy shots so far of the coupe had hidden exhaust too
- the coupe always has at least 1 special color the sedan doesn't have
- chrome is more sporty???
- the subtle lip is actually the tail light bar
No, my point was a counter-point to my previous speculation that the coupe was a "Sport" model.
-yup
- ok, but lime green?? kinda weird for Honda, don't ya think?
-I never said chrome is more sporty, where'd that come from? My reference to chrome was that chome=EX trim (along with typical 1.5T hidden duals) I would *think* that a Sport or Si variant would not use a chrome nose bar.
-hard to tell, but yeah since no wing, most likely an EX model.

All said, I was speculating it to be an EX-S type of trim. Just a sporty EX level.

And I agree, the color sucks for this trim of the coupe. With chrome accents and no wing/body kit, this lime green looks really bad. I suspect other colors with a wing will make the coupe look much nicer than sedan. As it is, yeah this one isn't too much more appealing than the sedan!
Sponsored

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, my point was a counter-point to my previous speculation that the coupe was a "Sport" model.
-yup
- ok, but lime green?? kinda weird for Honda, don't ya think?
-I never said chrome is more sporty, where'd that come from? My reference to chrome was that chome=EX trim (along with typical 1.5T hidden duals) I would *think* that a Sport or Si variant would not use a chrome nose bar.
-hard to tell, but yeah since no wing, most likely an EX model.

All said, I was speculating it to be an EX-S type of trim. Just a sporty EX level.

And I agree, the color sucks for this trim of the coupe. With chrome accents and no wing/body kit, this lime green looks really bad. I suspect other colors with a wing will make the coupe look much nicer than sedan. As it is, yeah this one isn't too much more appealing than the sedan!
Ah, i misunderstood...
I mean... i don't see honda deviating from the sedan trim lineup... so your EXS would basically be the EXT.
I wish they had done the black chrome instead of regular chrome... but... can't win them all i suppose. The Si will still probably have a blacked out grill.
The wheels are the same as the EXT/EXL trims on the sedan, so that's why i say, it's most likely either an EXT or EXL trim.
The only trim we might see on the coupe that the sedan doesn't get is an LXS trim as the base trim (similar to the accord coupe setup) which is basically an LX with alloys.

As for the green, nothing about this civic is typical of honda, so it doesn't shock me they'd offer a color like this on the coupe. I am slightly surprised they didn't keep it for Si only, but maybe they have an even more wild color planned for that.

Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBR600RR
I'm not really sold on that color... i think it's hurting the design more than helping.
Agreed. I think it's distracting from the otherwise good design. I really hope when they reveal it next week it will be shown in another color.

I mean yea the pictures are not that clear and I think they are distorting the real shape of the coupe but the green looked much better on the Concept for some reason. Maybe because it had all of the more aggressive aero parts and it was a better fit for a wild green color.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
OK, I didn't realize that there's no EX-S model. I have heard of LX-S and assumed there'd be an EX version too.

Can't wait to see a red coupe....

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agreed. I think it's distracting from the otherwise good design. I really hope when they reveal it next week it will be shown in another color.

I mean yea the pictures are not that clear and I think they are distorting the real shape of the coupe but the green looked much better on the Concept for some reason. Maybe because it had all of the more aggressive aero parts and it was a better fit for a wild green color.
Yea, the more aggressive appearance of the concept helped, also it was a slightly brighter green than the one pictured here, it's been toned down some so it's not so highlighter green, more lime green. I just think back to the blurring spy shots of the sedan and how awkward it looked too at times, i think we'll all be pleasantly surprised when we get some good press quality photos (and a different color or two). I just think this green might be too immature for the mature design of the new civic.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
The best thing about the coupe is it gets us a step closer to the #TypeR.

I am assuming we'll see the hatch after the coupe? Or do you think we'll see Si versions of Sedan and Coupe before hatch?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The best thing about the coupe is it gets us a step closer to the #TypeR.

I am assuming we'll see the hatch after the coupe? Or do you think we'll see Si versions of Sedan and Coupe before hatch?
The way honda has described it, and the way the time frame is working out... we will see the Si variants sedan and coupe first as they're being released this spring.

The hatch and Type R probably won't be here until later 2016 as 2017MY cars (because that's when europe would be getting their new 10th gens, and that's where they're being built).

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
The way honda has described it, and the way the time frame is working out... we will see the Si variants sedan and coupe first as they're being released this spring.

The hatch and Type R probably won't be here until later 2016 as 2017MY cars (because that's when europe would be getting their new 10th gens, and that's where they're being built).
I believe it. Seems reasonable. The wait is killer!

Tankiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Caught Undisguised! image

Imo. The 20" wheels on the concept make it more appealing to me. But it looks very similar in every way. Just need more angle shots

10GCivicSi_Vs_5GPrelude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Honda Prelude
Agree that it's hard to know how the car really looks from grainy pictures taken at a distance, but that said, the coupe is absolutely stunning in the recent renders in this forum, and underwhelming in these spy shots. ....wondering if that difference can *all* be attributed to what I will call "details" like black vs. chrome grill, body kit & colour, window tint, and wheels and exhaust tip(s), or if there are actually some significant differences in the proportions being used in the renders vs. the actual car?

In other words, if Honda gets the Si "just right" in terms of the "details" I've listed above, will it look pretty much like the recent renders in this forum, or might it still not be close to that because of other likely differences between the renders and the real thing?

I know this is all speculation - I guess I am hoping that someone knowledgeable about the renders would tell if they precisely followed everything they know about the coupe's shape/proportions/measurements, or if they took a lot of artistic license and know that they made it look way better than the actual production car (sans user mods) ever will.

cae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grom
Kudos to Honda for giving us a green! Of course it isn't going to look like the concept's though; that was probably a $10-15k paint job on its own. Looks like good bones to me. Wheels and aero will hopefully change to be closer to the concept's for the Si trim. If it weren't for the potato taking the photos and the patch coverings.. It'll probably look pretty sweet for the LA reveal.

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
image.png

Imo. The 20" wheels on the concept make it more appealing to me. But it looks very similar in every way. Just need more angle shots
Add larger wheels, that concept spoiler, and lower the car and it'd look 90% like the concept.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Seeing the side shots of the coupe like this, more than ever, hoping and praying honda gives us a wing spoiler for the coupe like they did on the sedan. Something about the slope of the trunk seems unfinished without that spoiler to top it off. PLEASE HONDA PLEASE!!!!
Sponsored