2016 Honda Civic back and hip pain cloth seats

anth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic lx
I've been experiencing pretty intense back and right hip pain with the cloth seats even on relatively short drives. Has anyone found a remidy for this problem? I believe it to be at least partially due to the aggressive, and at least for my back, misplaced lumbar support. I'm thinking about trying to remove that foam piece from the seat all together or at least reshape it to fit the back of a human. I've never experienced pain in any other car ever. Any suggestions or comments concerning the viability of my plan would be much appreciated. I know I should have taken it for a longer test drive or bought leather seats however unfortunately I did not. Just trying my best to avoid trading this thing in for a Corolla.

Thank you for any help you may be able to offer.
Sponsored

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
I can't speak for the new Civic but I purchased a used car years ago and it hurt my back so much I could barely drive it. I took it to a local upholstery place and they rebuilt it with new foam, the work was great and you couldn't tell and it was the most comfortable car. I kept the car 9 years and the seat remained comfortable. You could try that.

tcl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T SOLD June 2016
Vehicle Showcase
I found the EX-Ts cloth seats caused me discomfort after about 60-90 minutes behind the wheel. It wasn't my back but my rear end that was hurting. I tried three different seat cushions and none worked so I finally traded the car in. I upgraded to a midsize V6 sedan that I like better in many respects to take away the sting of taking a hit on the depreciation of selling the Civic after only six months.

rickkonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan - Rallye Red
I've been experiencing pretty intense back and right hip pain with the cloth seats even on relatively short drives. Has anyone found a remidy for this problem? I believe it to be at least partially due to the aggressive, and at least for my back, misplaced lumbar support. I'm thinking about trying to remove that foam piece from the seat all together or at least reshape it to fit the back of a human. I've never experienced pain in any other car ever. Any suggestions or comments concerning the viability of my plan would be much appreciated. I know I should have taken it for a longer test drive or bought leather seats however unfortunately I did not. Just trying my best to avoid trading this thing in for a Corolla.

I have had back pain for the past 6 months since i bought mine. I drive 150 miles a day. Any suggestions.

usaswat2013

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4DR Sedan EX
Both me and my mom had this problem, I got this on Amazon, best out of all the cushions on Amazon by far, 2nd day of using it, I ddidn't feel the cushion is there at all. I was going to trade the car in and get the exl, but this cushion saved my ass.

ComfiLife New Enhanced Design Non-slip Orthopedic Coccyx Seat Cushion

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014F3EFNK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_f.h7xbKRXJ7YA

Dappercoupe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic coupe 2016

Im also experiencing the same thing in my civic coupe 2016, what i suggest is to maybe tilt your chair back a bit its not gonna completely eliminate your problem but it might help a bit. I know it sounds like an obvious idea but you would be surprised.

rickkonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan - Rallye Red
Both me and my mom had this problem, I got this on Amazon, best out of all the cushions on Amazon by far, 2nd day of using it, I ddidn't feel the cushion is there at all. I was going to trade the car in and get the exl, but this cushion saved my ass.

ComfiLife New Enhanced Design Non-slip Orthopedic Coccyx Seat Cushion

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014F3EFNK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_f.h7xbKRXJ7YA
Thanks for the seat cushion suggestion. I may give it a try. I really love the car. I have the Touring in black leather and have power seats. I still can't get it to a good position that does'nt hurt my back??

usaswat2013

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4DR Sedan EX
Thanks for the seat cushion suggestion. I may give it a try. I really love the car. I have the Touring in black leather and have power seats. I still can't get it to a good position that does'nt hurt my back??
Trust me, get that cushion, the other day I drove 30 minutes without it. After I got out of my car, I was having problem walking. You won't feel the cushion there once you get used to it, maybe 1-2 days.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My day job I'm a commercial pilot, so I have long experience with these types of problems. I spend as much as 10 hours in the saddle a day.

I use the G-seat Ultra in the airplane, it helps tremendously. It's a very high-quality product: I've had mine since 2007, and it still looks practically new.

Since I've been using mine, a number of other pilots bought one on my recommendation and have reported that its helped them as well.

http://gelcoproducts.com/

Another protip: take your wallet out of your hip pocket when you drive. That slight bulge throws your spine out of alignment and causes a lot of damage over time.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
My day job I'm a commercial pilot, so I have long experience with these types of problems. I spend as much as 10 hours in the saddle a day.

I use the G-seat Ultra in the airplane, it helps tremendously. It's a very high-quality product: I've had mine since 2007, and it still looks practically new.

Since I've been using mine, a number of other pilots bought one on my recommendation and have reported that its helped them as well.

http://gelcoproducts.com/

Another protip: take your wallet out of your hip pocket when you drive. That slight bulge throws your spine out of alignment and causes a lot of damage over time.
Interesting, very different design from the one linked above. But i'll try the other one, it's much cheaper and lighter, my wife would complain about the weight. Thanks for the recommendation.

Linda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cosmic "Blue" 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Yes, I developed this problem with my 2007 Civic and it was one of the big reasons to upgrade and trade it in. I got the EX-L trim package with an adjustable seat and now with the same cushion I always used, I have little or no pain. I can drive across town with no pain. On a long trip, I have some discomfort but not like before. It is sciatica.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting, very different design from the one linked above. But i'll try the other one, it's much cheaper and lighter, my wife would complain about the weight. Thanks for the recommendation.
There are two, I have the Ultra, but the basic G seat is quite light and it's quite good according to my friends.

twitchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Acura RDX, 2010 Honda FIT
kinda sucks to buy the touring and get shitty seats..? are a lot of people having problems with the seats in the civic
Sponsored