2016 Honda Civic Air condition issue

viraj071

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
Hi all,

Many of us have faced or are facing an issue with the AC compressor and condenser etc, I too am facing the same issue with my civic. I got the mail from Honda which mentions the condenser warranty extension. I went to Larry Hopkins Honda in Sunnyvale with my car issue and they asked for $350 to diagnose the issue with the AC. After which if the issue is found to be with the condenser then they would fix it for free and I wouldn't have to pay the diagnosis fee. To avoid this exorbitant diagnosis fee, I went to Pep Boys to get my AC checked and they told me they could not do it as it had 1234YF freon and need to go to the dealership.

I want to fix the issue with the AC but am looking for help on how to get about this?

Should I pay them $350? Is this the standard diagnosis rate? Can I get it checked for lesser? How do I check my VIN to be sure if my car has a condenser issue for sure?
Sponsored

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
$350 for a diagnostic ?It is a joke, $350 it is close to what I paid for a complete condenser replacement on my A/C mechanic shop.
My Compressor was OK .

If you use A/C when system is empty from gaz ( condensor issue ) you will damage compressor
I always put A/C OFF when I drive the car if I don't need cold air

OP
OP

viraj071

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
Yes. They asked for $350 for diagnostics. Seems pretty ridiculous.

OP
OP

viraj071

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
I went to Pep Boys and they said that they cannot take a look because my car has 1234YF freon. Only the dealers can take a look

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I would read some of the 'similar threads' at the bottom of the page. The process, the headaches, the prices, and the outcomes are well represented.

OP
OP

viraj071

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
So I went to Larry Hopkins In Sunnyvale again and they quoted a lesser 190 this time. They found the issue to be with the condenser and replaced it as it was under warranty and did not charge for the diagnosis. Thank you all for the help with this.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I went to Larry Hopkins In Sunnyvale again and they quoted a lesser 190 this time. They found the issue to be with the condenser and replaced it as it was under warranty and did not charge for the diagnosis. Thank you all for the help with this.
I'm very happy for you.

Ehtesham

First Name
Ehtesham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CiviC
Country flag
That's wonderful :)

Ehtesham

First Name
Ehtesham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CiviC
Country flag
I got mine replaced (evaporator) last month and I paid USD equal amount of 183$ that included the gas, labour and the new evaporator

Ehtesham

First Name
Ehtesham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CiviC
Country flag
The evaporator is more expensive as compared to condenser and its labour is also more because they have to remove who of the dashboard to replace Evaporator
let le share couple of pictures
Sponsored