Type-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Fit Sport
You ever driven a high HP car with torque steer? Can be pretty bad.
Haven't really heard real bad complaints about torque steer in the Type R reviews. It uses a special dual axis strut front suspension to help dial out torque steer.
Sponsored

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
Good idea by Ford to document the Focus RS development and get some marketing out of it. Hope next Type R gets this kind of attention when it comes.

The exterior looks ok on the revealed car but that interior design is god awful!

s2ker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000
Haven't really heard real bad complaints about torque steer in the Type R reviews. It uses a special dual axis strut front suspension to help dial out torque steer.
That's what I've been reading too. Here's another bit about it just released by Road & Track in their Type R review that I posted in the Type R section - "There's surprisingly little torque steer for a machine that drops V-8 power on heroic front tires." http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/first-drives/a26659/civic-type-r-first-drive/

Fg4Marko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8, 2019 Touring PWP Coupe
Country flag
They CTR will be a beast when it lands here for sure but that price tag is whats making me sweat just a little lol, that used M3 money there.......46K GBP is a lot of money, and most likely it wont be pounds to dollars but you never know, im still way more interested in it then the RS hands down, i cant wait for it to come here....been waiting all my life for a genuine CTR for us here in NorthAmerica

Last edited:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
CTR will be a 34-36K platform. It's praise will be in the chassis/suspension as with previous iterations. That translates to higher turn-in and corner exit speeds over its rivals at the track; a place where it's already shown its dominance as indicated by recent times at Nurburgring.

The Focus RS, Golf R and STi are all fantastic competitors. Glad we have a good selection at this price range.

Moichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fit & CR-V
Country flag
This is slightly off topic but anyone else think find it weird that the 2016 model year has vehicles built off of two different platforms? The 2016 Civic which is the next generation and the 2016 Type R which is off the old platform. I know it's the European version essentially but that is going to confuse a lot of people who don't follow it as closely as people on this forum.

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
this is gonna be a fun time for people who like Hot hatches in America! the type is is boss but the RS is the Boss of Bosses! In the end they will both be phenomenal cars and you cant go wrong with either

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
This is slightly off topic but anyone else think find it weird that the 2016 model year has vehicles built off of two different platforms? The 2016 Civic which is the next generation and the 2016 Type R which is off the old platform. I know it's the European version essentially but that is going to confuse a lot of people who don't follow it as closely as people on this forum.
Those people will have no idea they don't follow it that closely and don't care enough

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I don't think Honda really cares lol. The fact they were able to greenlight the project despite heavy development on the 1.5/2.0 says a lot about their re-commitment to the performance market. Also, this platform was rumored to debut 1-2 years earlier but hit development snags along the way. I suspect a lot of it was related to the new 2.0T which was hitting a couple snags at Honda's press event.

Azov237

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Former RS owner....the RS will eat the CTR ALIVE in every 0-60 sprint. a 40 or 60 roll will be different. If the RS has a tune, it most likely removes the boost by gear so it launches even harder. My wife hated launching in the RS because of how violent it was especially after it was tuned.

Ink.bottle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Championship White
Country flag
Former RS owner....the RS will eat the CTR ALIVE in every 0-60 sprint. a 40 or 60 roll will be different. If the RS has a tune, it most likely removes the boost by gear so it launches even harder. My wife hated launching in the RS because of how violent it was especially after it was tuned.
0-60 is understandable seeing as boost is limited in the CTR from 1st gear.

Having raced with an RS and Type R on a few tracks now I think that the RS is more chaotic to drive and seemingly a lot faster, but in actual practice the R is faster.