Kelson_10

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ex-t coupe
Country flag
So i’ve looked everywhere and I can’t find anything online about my issue. I have an injen CAI and I’d usually hear a wooshing sound coming from the drive side and that was due to the intake and turbo. But I just tuned my car and now i’m getting a wooshing sound coming through my glovebox area when i accelerate. I’m worried this is a boost leak because I had the Stage 2 map flashed using Ktuner which should make 21 psi but I was only getting a peak of 18 psi in my 0-60 pulls. I’m really worried it’s a boost leak because I have zero clue how to fix that if it does end up being a boost leak. My AC compressor used to whistle when accelerating too but it has since stopped and now the wooshing of the glovebox persists. Hoping it’s an AC compressor issue and not a leak. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Most leaks are due to bad hose clamps. You just have to go over them and make sure they’re all good and tight. Did you think you could modify a car and not have to take care of it? You don’t want to ignore these problems, either. Take it to a performance shop and pay someone to fix it, if you have to…

OP
OP

Kelson_10

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ex-t coupe
Country flag
Most leaks are due to bad hose clamps. You just have to go over them and make sure they’re all good and tight. Did you think you could modify a car and not have to take care of it? You don’t want to ignore these problems, either. Take it to a performance shop and pay someone to fix it, if you have to…
Thanks, I’ve taken pretty good care of it and it only has 40k miles on it so everything should be fine.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
I meant with ‘out of the ordinary’ maintenance. If you‘re lucky, cookie cutter tunes don’t really have much of an impact. Sometimes, though, they highlight small weaknesses that were pre-existing. The more you push beyond the stock settings, the higher the chance something will need attention.
Sponsored