Status
Not open for further replies.

jwgerm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
Just squeeze the two sides - you can see the ridges where you are supposed to squeeze, then pull down.
Sponsored

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Just squeeze the two sides - you can see the ridges where you are supposed to squeeze, then pull down.
Ive pulled the hell out of that thing. It released the bottom cap but that clip won't budge

jwgerm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
You have to squeeze the two tabs first - see pic below - assume left arrow is behind on the other side:
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 EX-T - Audio System Install Push Here

jwgerm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
Are these the rear speakers? I can go pull mine off again, but I had them off when initially cutting in for my amp. Just checking in case you are doing something else. Sorry no help yet...

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
That's exactly what I've been doing. It won't come off. I'm so confused
You're just not pulling hard enough. Some Honda clips are notoriously hard to remove. It helps if you unhook one side of the squeeze-tabs first, then the other, then pull straight down.

jwgerm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
How did it go? WHat are you putting in? I think my Kicker Amp just died today! DOh!

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
How did it go? WHat are you putting in? I think my Kicker Amp just died today! DOh!
I'm putting in a sub. I'm trying to wire them to the rear speakers but I can't figure out the best way to do it. Do I need to splice into both positive and negatives or just one?

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I'm putting in a sub. I'm trying to wire them to the rear speakers but I can't figure out the best way to do it. Do I need to splice into both positive and negatives or just one?
You realize you need an amp for this right? If your amp takes speaker level input, you can just tap. If they don't, you'll need to buy something like an LC2i to get your bass back.

And yes, of course you need both negative and positive.

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
You realize you need an amp for this right? If your amp takes speaker level input, you can just tap. If they don't, you'll need to buy something like an LC2i to get your bass back.

And yes, of course you need both negative and positive.
I do have an amp. I have in connected to a LOC adapter and I plan on running the speakers from the adapter to the rear speakers. What is the best way to tap into them?

jwgerm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
Just one positive and one negative for each side (left speaker , right soeaker),.

Status
Not open for further replies.