Status
Not open for further replies.

sinewave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIvic EX W/Sense
Country flag
Thanks again for posting the speaker wire color code, saved me a bunch of time today. Used the same 9 wire for signal.
Sponsored

jwgerm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
Where did you mount the Polk crossovers?! - THANK YOU!

Nevermind, i just foam tape/hot glued my DB6501 crossovers on the inside (back) of the door panels...

Last edited:

beanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
Country flag
Beanko - I am using the DB6501 model and I can confirm that i have no issues with clearance at the doors or trunk using the amazon Honda speaker adapters. For the tweeters, you will have to modify things a little as pictured on my images above, but the woofer should have no issues. I am able to put my windows up and down.

They just released the DB6502 as well. I suspect those should work too.
@Dwizzle14 How did you mount the db6501 tweeters in the rear???

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Were you able to get an adapter for the OEM radio pigtail, or did you cut and splice into the OEM harness for your 9 wire?

I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on some components, an 8" sub, and a 5 channel amp... Can't put the windows down and listen to music in this thing.

sinewave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIvic EX W/Sense
Country flag
Were you able to get an adapter for the OEM radio pigtail, or did you cut and splice into the OEM harness for your 9 wire?
We both soldered 9 wire. Once you pull the factory radio out the harness will need to be pull slightly forward as it is tightly wrapped. Remove OEM tape, expose several inches of wire and solder directly. I decided not to cut the harness, I just tapped.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you run new wires to the doors? I've never done it, but I would think there would be issues feeding the speakers with the OEM radio signal and the amplifier signal.

Edit: I'm looking at your pictures again, and those are not tapped wires, those are end to end.

sinewave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIvic EX W/Sense
Country flag
Did you run new wires to the doors? I've never done it, but I would think there would be issues feeding the speakers with the OEM radio signal and the amplifier signal.

Edit: I'm looking at your pictures again, and those are not tapped wires, those are end to end.
The build in this post is not mine. Dwizzel (The author of this post/build) Decided to cut and solder, I decided to tap. There are advantages for both methods just depends on the install. I ran new speaker wire so the speaker are only connected to my 5 channel. My build: http://www.civicx.com/threads/ex-audio-build-completed.3734/

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My bad, I thought this was your post. I like running new wiring myself.

Oh my dear lord your system is beautiful hahaha. I've always wanted to make a fiberglass box. I like how you made your "mold". I was going to make one with a garbage bag and 2 part expanding foam. Your way is much easier and cost effective. Props dude!

sergeadmin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX, 2010 Civic DX, 2004 Pilot EX-L
Country flag
Sorry for semi-hijack, but how did you get your display to look like the one above? (With the tiled icons) (Info/Audio/Phone).

Thanks!

jwgerm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
Sorry for semi-hijack, but how did you get your display to look like the one above? (With the tiled icons) (Info/Audio/Phone).

Thanks!
I believe it was under System/Other Settings/Theme, i'll try to get a better answer next time i am in the car. I was trying to find a way to get to the "Sound" settings (e.g. Bass/Treble/Etc) while in Android Auto, but ended up just installing the EQ instead with a LOC. So glad i did.

So i had to Redo my settings this weekend and found the actual path to be Settings/System/Others Tab/Change Skin

Last edited:

sergeadmin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX, 2010 Civic DX, 2004 Pilot EX-L
Country flag
I believe it was under System/Other Settings/Theme, i'll try to get a better answer next time i am in the car. I was trying to find a way to get to the "Sound" settings (e.g. Bass/Treble/Etc) while in Android Auto, but ended up just installing the EQ instead with a LOC. So glad i did.
Thanks to both of you!
I changed the theme and had to reset my unit, none of the icons (tiles) appeared on the display. I held down the power button, and was able to restart. Only then did they appear.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.