Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
nice post. i will be doing my upgrade soon. i am still looking into what component speakers i want to use. i will look into the LOC that you used. unfortunately JL discontinued the clean sweep.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You are a legend. Thank you for the information as I'm going to be doing the audio on my car this weekend most likely.

sinewave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIvic EX W/Sense
Country flag
Nicely done and good call on the 9 wire for signal. I just scored a DQ-61 on the cheap last night and plan on grabbing my signal the same way. My only comment (and it's not a negative one) is your decision to mount your amp and LOC to the rear deck/metal of the trunk. It has been my experience that this typically creates a difference in potential and can generate a ground-loop in the audio system. Have you noted any noise or engine whine?

OP
OP

Dwizzle14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T OWP
Country flag
Thanks to all for the positive feedback.

Hi Sinewave, the LC7I has different grounding jumpers to help eliminate noise in the signal. When I had my SI, I did hear alternator whine with the amp mounted in the rear deck but it wasn't too bad. I expected the same whine seeing as how I was pretty much using the same setup with the exception of the LC7I. I figured if the ground was bad, I would get an MDF board, carpet it up and mount that to the rear deck and then mount the amp to the MDF so that there is no double negative if you will.

I mounted the amp and the LC7I on the rear deck because to me it was the best place to position the amp and loc without it being in the cabin and in the way in the trunk.

Fortunately, though, there is zero ground noise or alternator whine at all with the current setup. The LC7I is in its default configuration as it ships from AudioControl. Not even a faint audible whine or ground noise.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dwizzle, can you post photos of your final trunk set up?

Also one more question, have you had any issues with bluetooth calling? A few people have mentioned to me that I would have to cut the noise cancelling from the car (or the microphone) because the subwoofer would create a nasty echo during phone calls. Just asking if you had to cut any of that out or have any issues with phone calls since you installed this system. Would help me out a lot and prevent from cutting anything that doesn't need to be cut.

Thanks

OP
OP

Dwizzle14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T OWP
Country flag
Syntek, I am still working on cleaning up the wiring as I didn't have the RCA length I needed. I am also thinking of changing the LC7I to the LCQ-1 to be able to cleanup the factory DSP Eq a little bit. I will definitely post pics once I get that all sorted out.

With regards to audio and bluetooth. I have not had any issues with bluetooth calls or using Siri with my iPhone and CarPlay. I haven't seen any references on any forums yet with regards to issues in bluetooth. I didn't even consider it might be a problem. I will sure to pay closer attention but so far so good.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Dwizzle14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T OWP
Country flag
I've decided to hold off on changing the LOC (LC7I) for a DSP. There are several products out there right now that are due to come out soon and the sound isn't bad at all. I can tell that the factory head unit is altering the bass going to the rear speakers vs the front speakers. I performed a DSP turn off as a test to see how the sound would alter and there is a difference in the read bass and tweeters all around. Unfortunately, the DSP Flat settings revert to Honda's settings upon restarting the car. Wish there was a way to make it stick. For now I will leave the LC7I in place. I will post pic of the trunk as requested once I clean things up a bit.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've decided to hold off on changing the LOC (LC7I) for a DSP. There are several products out there right now that are due to come out soon and the sound isn't bad at all. I can tell that the factory head unit is altering the bass going to the rear speakers vs the front speakers. I performed a DSP turn off as a test to see how the sound would alter and there is a difference in the read bass and tweeters all around. Unfortunately, the DSP Flat settings revert to Honda's settings upon restarting the car. Wish there was a way to make it stick. For now I will leave the LC7I in place. I will post pic of the trunk as requested once I clean things up a bit.
There's a thread around here highlighting that DSP issue, which is why I figured the LC would fix to begin with. Is there still significant roll off even with the LC in place?

OP
OP

Dwizzle14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T OWP
Country flag
Unfortunately, the LC7I is not a DSP. Its more of a really really good LOC and it has a feature that accounts for bass roll off. On my EX-T, I didnt notice any bass roll off, just lack of bass altogether from the rear speakers regardless of what volume. For now, since I have a subwoofer in the trunk, the lack of bass on the rear speakers works out good as I probably would've used my amps crossover to high pass the rears anyway. In the future I'll get a DSP that I can tune the EQ of each channel to have more flexibility. With all said and done, the sound is 100 times better than the factory as it stands today.

Last edited:

modernwarpaint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (CBM)
Much needed on here, especially those with EXTs looking at options in aftermarket audio upgrades. It's a bit more experienced than what I'm willing to experiment with, but it's useful info nonetheless.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unfortunately, the LC7I is not a DSP. Its more of a really really good LOC and it has a feature that accounts for bass roll off. On my EX-T, I didnt notice any bass roll off, just lack of bass altogether from the rear speakers regardless of what volume. For now, since I have a subwoofer in the trunk, the lack of bass on the rear speakers works out good as I probably would've used my amps crossover to high pass the rears anyway. In the future I'll get a DSP that I can tune the EQ of each channel to have more flexibility. With all said and done, the sound is 100 times better than the factory as it stands today.
Sound muffled at all due to it being in the trunk? Sorry for the tons of questions, this is the first car I'm about to do an upgrade to that the subs are going to be in the trunk. (2003 ram before had subs underneath the back seat bench)

OP
OP

Dwizzle14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T OWP
Country flag
My sub is a 10 inch and I balanced it well with the rest of the speakers so the lows from the front speakers and the lows from the subwoofer mix well. Doesn't sound muffled to me. No worries about the questions, thats what these forums are for. Glad I could share what I have done and any information I have and hopefully help others.

beanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
Country flag
Dwizzle14 Crutchfield is stating the Polk db6501 will not fit. I just wanted to make sure the model number is right before I order. They say they are too tall for the doors. Thanks

OP
OP

Dwizzle14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T OWP
Country flag
Beanko - I am using the DB6501 model and I can confirm that i have no issues with clearance at the doors or trunk using the amazon Honda speaker adapters. For the tweeters, you will have to modify things a little as pictured on my images above, but the woofer should have no issues. I am able to put my windows up and down.

They just released the DB6502 as well. I suspect those should work too.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.