2016 EX - Intermittent Audio Issues (No audio, system wide)

Syrupsplashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Country flag
Seems like some threads were posted about this long ago but I've yet to find any sort of fix. 2016 Civic Sedan EX started to randomly lose all audio; FM, AM, Bluetooth, Android Auto, etc.

First time around a reboot worked, second time around I had to factory reset, this third time now I simply had to wait 16 hours for it to magically start working.

Anyone aware of a solution to this issue? Am technologically literal enough to toy with the system be it modifying configs or flashing new firmware.

I come here instead of the dealership due to the fact all these old forum posts on here and elsewhere show the dealership being of no help.
Sponsored

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
I had this problem when I changed my speakers, if one of the connections of any of the speakers are bad or loose none of the speakers work, I would check the connection of your speakers try the rear ones first since you can easily access them, the clips might have come loose

For the front door actually try hitting the speakers section, like pound it a little and see if it brings life to the sound, if it does that means the connections on your front speakers might be the problem

OP
OP

Syrupsplashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Country flag
I had this problem when I changed my speakers, if one of the connections of any of the speakers are bad or loose none of the speakers work, I would check the connection of your speakers try the rear ones first since you can easily access them, the clips might have come loose

For the front door actually try hitting the speakers section, like pound it a little and see if it brings life to the sound, if it does that means the connections on your front speakers might be the problem

Interesting, I'll take a look. I recently replaced my front door speakers so it's certainly a possibility.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I'm curious to know what you installed. Although I still suspect software; most amps can go into a protection mode if there is an issue with heat caused by impedance mismatches. I believe that your model also has an external amp.

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
The EX does not have a amplifier it is the 8 speaker system

I'm curious to know what you installed. Although I still suspect software; most amps can go into a protection mode if there is an issue with heat caused by impedance mismatches. I believe that your model also has an external amp.

boopcao

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T COUPE
Country flag
I have a 2016 EX-T Coupe that had the same issues. Tried Honda Hack since they had a "fix audio issues" but that didn't work either. For a while, playing a startup video with sound was pretty good but eventually that crapped out too.

Multiple dealership visits about the sudden audio loss. Car would not restore audio until you walk away from the car, lock it, and do an unlock and start the car again. It's pretty dumb. Literally tried every trick out there in the web and was about to buy an aftermarket headunit but recently, I went to the dealership again to get it addressed and they finally tried something new and it's been rock solid since. I'm not sure what they did but they were able to fix it. Hope this helps.
Sponsored