Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Many 2016 Civic owners have looked within Honda's own wheels lineup for possible 'aftermarket' wheels to mount. A popular potential wheel has been the 18-inch wheels from the 9th gen Civic Si. Several 2016 Civics have now been fitted with these wheels, so fitment is not an issue. And we think the styling also fits the 10th gen Civic sedan quite well.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civics fitted with 9th gen Si wheels 2016-civic-si-wheels

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civics fitted with 9th gen Si wheels 2016-civic-si-wheels1

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civics fitted with 9th gen Si wheels 2016-civic-si-wheels2

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actually those do look really nice. They do fit the styling quite well. Wish the tires were just a tad thicker to help fill the wheel wells a bit more (like the standard tires) but can't win them all. haha.

Jesse H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, I had my heart set on Rallye Red with black wheels, but after seeing that first picture, I might have to put some more thought into it. Almost makes it look a bit BMW-esque.....almost

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome!!!! ♡ The oem Si look.. Nice tasteful upgrade

Last edited:

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
To compare, the 2016 Touring's wheels (which I still like better, though neither are great):

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civics fitted with 9th gen Si wheels 2016-civic-si-wheels2

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Hope Honda gets serious with some wheel options. I like the idea of having Honda rims because of the whole warranty and them willingness to service etc

jordan curtis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL turbo
Just got a 16 civic EXL turbo...def gunna get these wheels they look bomb with this car

Last edited:

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Is anybody good with photoshop? Would love to see the 18" and 19"s accord sport rims from the past two years on the civic..

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Do you guys think it will drop the MPG or Throw off the MPH?

FLAGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Civic
So do oversize rims have any adverse effects on the transmission or other components, or worse, have the potential to damage the transmission? I've heard this argued over the years. Also wondering how this could effect the warranty.

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
So do oversize rims have any adverse effects on the transmission or other components, or worse, have the potential to damage the transmission? I've heard this argued over the years. Also wondering how this could effect the warranty.
Answer to all these questions is No.

And changing wheels doesn't affect warranty.

18 inch is hardly oversized. The Si and Type R models will come with 18" wheels standard.

10GCivicSi_Vs_5GPrelude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Honda Prelude
When you go to a larger rim, you also go with a tire whose sidewall is shorter (i.e. lower profile tire). The goal is for the increase in the rim radius to be exactly matched by the decrease in the height of the tire sidewall, so that overall wheel size (rim + tire) remains the same. Usually these aren't exactly equal so you end up with an overall wheel + tire circumference that can be up to a couple of percentage points bigger or smaller, but often much less, so the impact in terms of gearing change and speedometer accuracy is minimal. Google "tire size calculator" to see how this works in more detail. BTW this is also why going to a bigger rim won't fill out the wheel well any more than the smaller rim did, except that a bigger rim looks better - have to lower the car to fill out the wheel well better.
Sponsored