2016 Civic vs 9th gen Civic Si Acceleration Tests by Hondata

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Good catch on the EX Turbo vs. Touring. That makes it even more impressive since the Touring is the fattest of them all.
Sponsored

aaronarf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Tacoma, 16' Civic Touring
Country flag
meh, I don't buy this. I'm stubborn in that I would like to see the driver's shifting and the tac in the Si to ensure he is driving it right. I think it's cool that the 10th gen EX has comparable power, but I don't buy that it pulls away, at least to the extent that it did, without seeing how the driver in the 9th gen Si was handling the clutch in relation to the tac, shift speed, etc,
What does Hondata have to lose or gain by this? Nothing...I'm sure they had a competent driver in the seat.

Once the CVT figures out what the heck its doing these things take off for it being a 1.5L. Never driven a 9th gen SI, although my last sports car was a manual 370z though so I understand how big of a difference shift points and drivers can make..

Bulkybear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic Si
The car you guys are showing is a touring model but you say you own the ex-t. Same engine just wondering which model it actually is
I think EX-T means touring. I would think so because all of the EX's come with the 1.5 turbo.

mannotSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS
Hahaha, Let me put a Turbo on my 2.4 2013 Si and put a 2016 TypeR in its place. :D Its a 1.5T vs a non Turbo 2.4L.. Just wait in 5 yrs when Turbos are widely accepted. 12-15 Si will be one of the fastest cars on the road with a 2.4L base to start with.

Also that is not a 0-60 test. The Si would win every time in 0-60. Basicly the 1.5T got the Si on a 60mph+ roll. Pffff Whatever. Thats a Cvt advantage vs stick sitting at the bottom of 4th at 60mph.

Been hearing Rumors that the new Si will have a 2.0T with 230HP and around 200lb tq

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think EX-T means touring. I would think so because all of the EX's come with the 1.5 turbo.
There is a '16 Civic EX that has the 2.0NA (model codes FC2F7/8...). There is also an EX with the 1.5T, frequently referred to as the EX-T (FC1F3/4...). The one in the video is, as @Hondata says, a Touring (FC1F9...). The tell is the wheels and the chromed door handles. All Tourings come with the 1.5T and LL model CVT.

Bulkybear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic Si
There is a '16 Civic EX that has the 2.0NA (model codes FC2F7/8...). There is also an EX with the 1.5T, frequently referred to as the EX-T (FC1F3/4...). The one in the video is, as @Hondata says, a Touring (FC1F9...). The tell is the wheels and the chromed door handles. All Tourings come with the 1.5T and LL model CVT.
Oh ok. I was thinking the LX was the only model with the 2.0. I guess it's just the manual is exclusive to the LX. My bad :)

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
this :agree:

the Touring is also the heaviest of them all i believe... which makes it even more impressive...

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
First off not saying either or. But looks like a skewed contest. But at least it shows how it hangs with a known entity.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Hope so. Hondata is registered here so hopefully they'll give us an idea of what's coming :)

And nice run for the EX-T!
That would fit nicely into my thread/post asking if Hondata got a jump (advance copy) of the new Civic- or even better, a #TypeR

vti07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 9G Euro Hatch
The 10G hatch (European Spec) will have the 200hp version of the 1.5T available. If the weight is similar to the sedan then the hatch should be just as fast as the Si (if not slightly faster) from a standing start.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That would fit nicely into my thread/post asking if Hondata got a jump (advance copy) of the new Civic- or even better, a #TypeR
We bought the EX-T from a dealer - like everyone else.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Good catch on the EX Turbo vs. Touring. That makes it even more impressive since the Touring is the fattest of them all.
How so? If the touring is heavier, it should be slower.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How so? If the touring is heavier, it should be slower.
Right. The car they ran against the 9th gen Si was a Touring. And it performed well. So the lighter trims with the 1.5T should do even better.
Sponsored