2016 Civic vs 9th gen Civic Si Acceleration Tests by Hondata

civicryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus ST . 2015 Honda CRV EX
that is interesting.

Today during my commute i had a 2015 civic SI riding along next to me most of the way. even took the same exit , etc. LOL ... (keep in mind i have a 15 focus ST now) ... we can up to a stop sign next to each other, i thought he was going to give it a go. but decided not to. we'll call it mutual respect. lol .. it looked nice though. it was white, with some custom wheels and a lower suspension. maybe next time we'll give it a better go . :)

slayerx02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FG2 , 2020 FC3
Country flag
Interesting....
That is interesting... Hondata should do an 8th gen vs 10th gen 1.5T comparison video under the same conditions. Does this basically say the K24Z7 is just not a very performance oriented engine in stock form?
--Edit
I wonder if the hondata tuning solution this time around for these turbo Hondas will be like the Cobb access port, which seems to be a really convenient (and cool) gadget.

Last edited:

maggsgsr

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Si Coupe
Sorry just not buying it.. The 2015 Si has more HP/TQ and has better 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile times. With equal drivers, I'll bet money the Si wins stock for stock.

But this is typical in the honda/acura community. Like when the RSX Type S came out.. Everyone swore the GSR was still faster..lol
The 8th Gen civic is superior to the 9thgen civic ect. yada yada

Stock for stock I'll put my money on the Si. Not to mention the Si has better handling and breaking too.

maggsgsr

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Si Coupe
On another note.. I do really like what they've done with the Civic.. I'm patiently waiting for the next Si to be released

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
I had a 2014 Civic Si coupe and now I own a 2016 touring. I can say for sure that the Si was quicker.. that's not to say the 1.5t is a slouch.

The "races" in the OP don't even make sense as the Si wasn't even dropped to a low enough gear for maximized acceleration.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
I had a 2014 Civic Si coupe and now I own a 2016 touring. I can say for sure that the Si was quicker.. that's not to say the 1.5t is a slouch.

The "races" in the OP don't even make sense as the Si wasn't even dropped to a low enough gear for maximized acceleration.
Exactly. It's not a good basis for comparison IMHO. One is 2.4L N/A the other is 1.5L FI. Very different power delivery characteristics, and the K24Z7 is a beast.

I'm biased though. K series are the best IMO, that's why I bought an LX instead of a turbo model. I just need to install some Supertech Ti valve springs/retainers and then I can spin my K20 up to 9K rpm's all day long. :D
Sponsored