2016 Civic VIN trivia, milestones or collectibles

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What are the odds! We purchased my wife's Mexican made HRV in July. It has a bit of a history. It is the first 'Canadian' specified unit to come off their assembly line. Lots of USA units ahead of it but it is the first 'Canadian' as confirmed by the VIN. Fast forward to November. I bought my Canadian made Civic. It has the exact 6 digit ending sequential number (ending 000). Manufactured in different countries, sold in same Country, sold in same Province, sold to same dealer, sold to same customer. That has to be like getting struck by lightning.

When playing with Corvettes, VIN numbers could be very important and increase the value. Appreciate Civic's are high volume but is there any importance to a VIN?

Anybody else have a story about their VIN?
Sponsored

Last edited:

HondaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
The VIN # tells a lot about a vehicle!

Everything from where it was manufactured to what make, model, trim level it is!

The last 8 of the VIN # tell you what year the vehicle is, and the numbers of the last 8 tell you what production # that vehicle is!

They have not updated this with the Civics yet!

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
CdnColin

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do we know the breakdown of our VIN's? Starts 1 (made in USA) 2 (made in Canada) and ends with a six digit sequential number.

What else and where is additional information? Colour, model, engine, transmission etc.

The Canadian made Civic on the print out I have all seem to to start: '2HGFC' then they seem to be a '1F' or '2F'

There are a total of 17 letters and numbers

Last edited:

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Do we know the breakdown of our VIN's? Starts 1 (made in USA) 2 (made in Canada) and ends with a six digit sequential number.

What else and where is additional information? Colour, model, engine, transmission etc.

The Canadian made Civic on the print out I have all seem to to start: '2HGFC' then they seem to be a '1F' or '2F'

There are a total of 17 letters and numbers
We've just posted a VIN guide for the 2016 Civic -- See: Civic VIN translator / decoder / guide

That breaks downs what each number of the 17 digit VIN means for the 10th gen Civic.

OP
OP
CdnColin

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag